Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-05-2019, 02:34 PM   #1966
kg3
Guru
kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kg3 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, etc
FREE:

Kiss of Fire (The Dragonfire Novels Book 1) - Deborah Cooke (also writes under the names: Claire Delacroix & Claire Cross)

-Previously published by Penguin/Berkley/Signet, 2008
-Paranormal Romance

Amazon US---Amazon UK---Not Free at Amazon Canada, Amazon Australia, Kobo US & Google Play when I checked
kg3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 06:25 PM   #1967
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Naked in Death (In Death #1) - J. D. Robb is on for $0.99.

Kobo CA Amazon CA

Very probably the same pricing on Amazon and Kobo US but I don't feel up to fudging my network setup to check.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 02:12 PM   #1968
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Heart on a String by Carla Neggers (B-/3 stars)
  • In the Dark (Hotel Marchand #1) by Judith Arnold (C/2 stars)
  • The Setup (Hotel Marchand #2) by Marie Ferrarella (B/4 stars)
  • The Unknown Woman (Hotel Marchand #3) by Laurie Paige (C/2 stars)
  • Damage Control (Hotel Marchand #4) by Kristi Gold (C+/3 stars)

Purchased:
None.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 12:54 PM   #1969
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Free

Silk and Shadows (Silk #1) by Mary Jo Putney
originally published by Signet 1991

Spoiler:
He called himself Peregrine, the wanderer, and he came to London for revenge...

Like the falcon he named himself for, Peregrine is wild and free, an exotic prince who fascinates 1839 London with his wealth, mystery, and dangerous allure. He emerged from his mysterious Asiatic past to exact retribution for an appalling crime. Nothing and no one can stop him—except perhaps Lady Sara St. James, whose fragile beauty conceals a gentle heart, genuine goodness, and a soul of steel.

Unable to resist his seductive charm, Lady Sara turns away from her ordered life to embrace a man she loves, but cannot fully trust. In Sara, Peregrine sees a chance for a life beyond revenge. But can he keep her without revealing his devastating secrets? Or protect her from the enemy he has vowed to destroy?

Kindle | Kobo
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 12:57 PM   #1970
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Wired (Buchanan #13) by Julie Garwood - $1.99
Kindle | Kobo | Google

Spoiler:
Allison Trent doesn’t look like a hacker. In fact, when she’s not in college working on her degree, she models on the side. But behind her gorgeous face is a brilliant mind for computers and her real love is writing—and hacking—code. Her dream is to write a new security program that could revolutionize the tech industry.

Hotshot FBI agent Liam Scott has a problem: a leak deep within his own department. He needs the skills of a top-notch hacker to work on a highly sensitive project: to secretly break into the FBI servers and find out who the traitor is. But he can’t use one of his own. He finds the perfect candidate in Allison. Only, there’s one problem—she wants nothing to do with his job and turns him down flat.

What Liam doesn’t know is that Allison is hiding secrets that she doesn’t want the FBI to uncover. But Liam will do nearly anything to persuade her to join his team, even break a few rules if that’s what it takes. A temptation that could put his job—and both of their futures—on the line...
Old 03-11-2019, 04:08 PM   #1971
worktolive
Guru
worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.worktolive ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, iPad
Free:

Mister McHottie by Pippa Grant

I've read several of Pippa's romantic comedies and find them quite funny. Lots of heat, lots of snarky banter.

Spoiler:
The best enemies make the best lovers...

There are three things I hate:
Bratwurst in any form, my neighbors boinking like farm animals at 3 AM, and Chase Jett.
Mostly I hate Chase Jett. It's been ten years since he took my virginity—I'd make a bratwurst joke, but the unfortunate truth is that it would have to be a brat-best joke, and
yes, it kills me to admit that—and now he's not only a billionaire, he's also my new boss.
Turns out our hate is mutual. And this kind of hate is horrifically twisted, filthy, and banging hot.
I just might have to hate him forever.

Mister McHottie is 45,000 gloriously hilarious, hot, sexy words that your mother warned you about, complete with an organic happy-ever-after (or seven), a Bratwurst Wagon, ill-advised office pranks, and no cheating or cliffhangers.
worktolive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 05:04 PM   #1972
apesmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by worktolive View Post
Free:

Mister McHottie by Pippa Grant

I've read several of Pippa's romantic comedies and find them quite funny. Lots of heat, lots of snarky banter.
Thanks, grabbed it. I like snarky banter.
Old 03-15-2019, 11:14 PM   #1973
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

free Meg Benjamin Venus in Blue Jeans (Konigsburg #1)

free sale runs from Saturday, March 16 through Monday, March 25 so the price hasn't dropped quite yet.

originally published by Samhain, rereleased by Entangled.
Spoiler:
I don't think the text changed for the reissues, but the blurb did:

The new Entangled version:
When did my life start resembling a Hallmark movie?

I suppose it all started when my charming fiancé turned out to be anything but, and I decided I wanted to push the reset button on my life. So, I packed up my business and moved to a small town in the Texas Hill Country, complete with the cast of small-town characters you’d expect and the ridiculously sexy new veterinarian.

Being the new kids in town, Cal and I kept finding ourselves thrown together and even though men were the absolute last thing on my mind... one thing led to another.

Now someone’s threatening my business, but I’m not the same woman I was when I arrived. And I’m ready to fight for what’s mine.

The first Entangled version (which is still on their site even though most of the vendors have the new new one above):
All bookstore owner Docia Kent wants is a fling. And for her parents to butt out of her life for a while. The Texas Hill Country town of Konigsburg looks like the perfect place to get both. Especially when she gets a look at long, tall country vet Cal Toleffson.

Cal has other plans for Docia. One glance at this six-foot version of Botticelli’s Venus, and he knows he’s looking at the woman of his dreams. Now if he can convince her romance isn’t such a bad idea.

One night of mind-blowing sex isn’t the only thing that leaves them both stunned. With Docia’s bookstore under attack, Konigsburg suddenly doesn’t seem so welcoming.

The original Samhain version:
A guy. A girl. A Chihuahua. Two of them will find the love of their lives.

Coming off a broken engagement to a lying charmer, all bookstore owner Docia Kent wants is a fling, not a long-term romance. And for her fabulously wealthy and fabulously nosy parents to butt out of her life for a while. The Texas Hill Country town of Konigsburg looks like the perfect place to get both. Especially when she gets a look at long, tall country vet Cal Toleffson.

Cal has other plans for Docia. One glance at this six-foot version of Botticelli’s Venus, and he knows he’s looking at the woman of his dreams. Now if he can just fend off the eccentric characters of Konigsburg long enough to convince her romance isn’t such a bad idea.

One night of mind-blowing sex isn’t the only thing that leaves them both stunned. With Docia’s bookstore under attack, Konigsburg suddenly doesn’t seem so welcoming. Once again she finds her trust tested—and is left wondering if she was ever meant to have a happily ever, after all.

Warning: Contains explicit sex, hot Texas nights, cool sarcastic friends, the world’s sweetest hero and the world’s saddest Chihuahua.

Kobo

Google Play

iTunes

Amazon

direct from Entangled

This wasn't my favorite of the series, but liked it and I really enjoyed the series overall.

Last edited by library addict; 03-15-2019 at 11:17 PM. Reason: clarify it's a freebie
Old 03-17-2019, 01:50 PM   #1974
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Bourbon Street Blues (Hotel Marchand #5) by Maureen Child (F/1 star)
  • Toxic Game (GhostWalkers #15) by Christine Feehan (D/1 star)
  • Nightchaser (Endeavor #1) by Amanda Bouchet (A-/5 star)

Purchased:
none

Read Nightchaser from library, but it oddly only came as Kindle or PDF. Usually there's an ePub option. I'll buy it eventually, but since I waited this long I'll wait to see if there's a sale before book two comes out in 2020.

Last edited by library addict; 08-23-2020 at 10:03 PM. Reason: adjust grade for TG
Old 03-17-2019, 02:27 PM   #1975
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
free Meg Benjamin Venus in Blue Jeans (Konigsburg #1)

free sale runs from Saturday, March 16 through Monday, March 25 so the price hasn't dropped quite yet.

originally published by Samhain, rereleased by Entangled.
Spoiler:
I don't think the text changed for the reissues, but the blurb did:

The new Entangled version:
When did my life start resembling a Hallmark movie?

I suppose it all started when my charming fiancé turned out to be anything but, and I decided I wanted to push the reset button on my life. So, I packed up my business and moved to a small town in the Texas Hill Country, complete with the cast of small-town characters you’d expect and the ridiculously sexy new veterinarian.

Being the new kids in town, Cal and I kept finding ourselves thrown together and even though men were the absolute last thing on my mind... one thing led to another.

Now someone’s threatening my business, but I’m not the same woman I was when I arrived. And I’m ready to fight for what’s mine.

The first Entangled version (which is still on their site even though most of the vendors have the new new one above):
All bookstore owner Docia Kent wants is a fling. And for her parents to butt out of her life for a while. The Texas Hill Country town of Konigsburg looks like the perfect place to get both. Especially when she gets a look at long, tall country vet Cal Toleffson.

Cal has other plans for Docia. One glance at this six-foot version of Botticelli’s Venus, and he knows he’s looking at the woman of his dreams. Now if he can convince her romance isn’t such a bad idea.

One night of mind-blowing sex isn’t the only thing that leaves them both stunned. With Docia’s bookstore under attack, Konigsburg suddenly doesn’t seem so welcoming.

The original Samhain version:
A guy. A girl. A Chihuahua. Two of them will find the love of their lives.

Coming off a broken engagement to a lying charmer, all bookstore owner Docia Kent wants is a fling, not a long-term romance. And for her fabulously wealthy and fabulously nosy parents to butt out of her life for a while. The Texas Hill Country town of Konigsburg looks like the perfect place to get both. Especially when she gets a look at long, tall country vet Cal Toleffson.

Cal has other plans for Docia. One glance at this six-foot version of Botticelli’s Venus, and he knows he’s looking at the woman of his dreams. Now if he can just fend off the eccentric characters of Konigsburg long enough to convince her romance isn’t such a bad idea.

One night of mind-blowing sex isn’t the only thing that leaves them both stunned. With Docia’s bookstore under attack, Konigsburg suddenly doesn’t seem so welcoming. Once again she finds her trust tested—and is left wondering if she was ever meant to have a happily ever, after all.

Warning: Contains explicit sex, hot Texas nights, cool sarcastic friends, the world’s sweetest hero and the world’s saddest Chihuahua.

Kobo

Google Play

iTunes

Amazon

direct from Entangled

This wasn't my favorite of the series, but liked it and I really enjoyed the series overall.
My XYL was interested in this book but when we checked, it appears to be $3.99 at all the sites including Entangled.
Old 03-17-2019, 03:54 PM   #1976
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Hmm, the sale dates were from Entangled. Maybe it will be corrected by tomorrow.
Old 03-17-2019, 08:55 PM   #1977
apesmom
Wizard

The Seven Series Boxed Set (Book 1-3) - $0.99

Well reviewed shifter series. Nice price for the first 3 books. I already have them but haven't read any yet.

Kindle | Kobo | Google
Old 03-17-2019, 11:26 PM   #1978
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
My XYL was interested in this book but when we checked, it appears to be $3.99 at all the sites including Entangled.
It's showing free now at Google Play, so I guess they're all being slow to post the sale. Hopefully will be at all vendors by tomorrow.
Old 03-17-2019, 11:28 PM   #1979
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Hmm, the sale dates were from Entangled. Maybe it will be corrected by tomorrow.
At Entangled, the price still shows as $3.99 but when added to cart shows as $0. Seems as if the format choice is pdf only for download or send to Kindle.
Old 03-18-2019, 04:36 AM   #1980
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
At Entangled, the price still shows as $3.99 but when added to cart shows as $0. Seems as if the format choice is pdf only for download or send to Kindle.
Quote:
It's showing free now at Google Play, so I guess they're all being slow to post the sale. Hopefully will be at all vendors by tomorrow.
It's showing free now everywhere except direct from Entangled's website.