Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-09-2012, 06:49 AM   #1
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Kobo Books UK web site questions

Am I missing something, or is there really no way to buy more than one book at a time on the Kobo Books web site (http://www.kobobooks.com)? There does not seem to be an add to cart option, all you can do is press the Buy Now button, which takes you through to the order confirmation.

Perhaps they don't think their customers are avid enough readers to want more than one book at a time.

While I am moaning, the web site has no wish list either.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:04 AM   #2
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
You're correct - there is no way to buy more than one book at a time.

There also isn't a wish list as such, but you can click "get a preview" on any book page and the book will be added to your library (you won't actually be displayed a preview, although you can get that when clicking on the book in your library).

I don't think there's a way to sort or filter the library / bookmarked items by bought / not bought, but at least that's a way to save possibly interesting books for later, and the already bought books will have an "Adobe DRM epub" or some such button next to them so you can easily tell which books you've already bought and which not.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 07:53 AM   #3
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks for confirming that. It is such a stupid omission by Kobo - they could be missing out on sales because of this. I'm going to email them to complain.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:12 AM   #4
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
I wonder if it's like that on purpose, due to the way Kobo discount coupons mostly work - generally a coupon can only be used once. If people could put a dozen things into a basket and then apply a discount code to all of them, it might end up costing Kobo a bit much?

And of course Amazon seems to get by just fine without a basket for Kindle book purchases (ebooks can only be bought by one-click, one at a time; there is no way to add them to a shopping cart or basket first), so Kobo isn't alone in doing this.

I would prefer being able to put several books in a basket and then buy them all at once, but only if I could still use the discount codes on all of them. But then, my bank doesn't charge me anything extra for multiple small purchases, so there's no need to worry about that (and if there were, I could buy myself a Kobo gift card and apply that to the account). It's a bit of extra time spent, but only a minute or two when I buy 3-5 books in one visit.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:00 AM   #5
scrapking
Evangelist
scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scrapking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
Thanks for confirming that. It is such a stupid omission by Kobo - they could be missing out on sales because of this. I'm going to email them to complain.
You know, this bugged me a bit at first. But now about 200 Kobo e-book purchases later, I couldn't care less any more. I wouldn't give up the Kobo discount codes for anything, including a shopping cart.
scrapking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #6
ShellShock
Wizard

Kobo have told me that they are working on adding a proper shopping cart to their web site.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:09 PM   #7
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
I wouldn't want to want to buy a second-hand shopping cart from these guys ....
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 04:05 AM   #8
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShellShock View Post
Amazon's Kindle eBook store doesn't have a shopping card either; this doesn't seem to have harmed them.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 02:06 PM   #9
ShellShock
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Amazon's Kindle eBook store doesn't have a shopping card either; this doesn't seem to have harmed them.
How could we tell? They sell so many eBooks that the sheer numbers swamp any blip due to customer frustration at not being able to multi buy.
Old 04-15-2012, 02:22 PM   #10
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
I don't care about being able to multi-buy, but I really hate no-confirmation 1-click which doesn't even show you the price paid afterwards* without digging into the receipts.

I'd take Kobo's checkout system, or even Sony's, buggy and horrible as their obligatory purchase-within-app software is, over Amazon's any day.

* I actually kind of like B&N which pops up a "you will pay X for Y, confirm/cancel?" and shows that you have paid X for Y on the next page once it's gone through.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 11:26 PM   #11
melmac
Wizard
melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.melmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS650, Sony T3
One thing that bugs me now about the Kobo checkout is the new "are you sure you don't want to buy it" email they send you if you don't complete the purchase. I get an email now the day after I enter the checkout but don't complete the purchase it's very annoying.
melmac is offline   Reply With Quote