Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-12-2011, 12:14 PM   #16
KoboJW
UX Lead, Kobo Vox
KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.KoboJW has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Boxes of Voxes
We are aware of the issue, and will work to address it as quickly as we can.

In the meantime, if you lose your Vox you can protect yourself from unauthorized purchases by calling Customer Care - they can reset your password in a way that will prevent purchases from the device.

James
KoboJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:24 PM   #17
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Thank you!
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:27 PM   #18
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Kat View Post
Well, I don't understand the nuts and bolts of it, I just want to know how I would protect my Kobo account in the event that the Vox is lost or stolen. At this point, I see no way of doing that other than deactivating the account from a PC.
I sure hope that you use the lock-screen feature. Create a password with letters and numbers. Do not use any words from any language. Only use numbers and gibberish. Have your lock-screen activate after 10 minutes of inactivity. Make it at least 8-12 characters long.That is the strongest form of a password. If your Vox is stolen or somehow not available to you for another reason, you will have time to cancel the account with Kobo...

Last edited by Reader Paradice; 12-12-2011 at 02:38 PM.
Reader Paradice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 01:28 PM   #19
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!
Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Reader Paradice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Deleted, double post. Sorry

Last edited by Reader Paradice; 12-12-2011 at 02:37 PM.
Old 12-12-2011, 03:43 PM   #20
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
I don't have my Vox locked/pw protected, but it rarely leaves my side if I take it outside my home. I have too many dang passwords to remember, so I am taking the risk...living dangerously! If it were lost or stolen, I'd be more crushed about losing my precious Vox than I would be about unauthorized charges to my account!
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 04:52 PM   #21
Reader Paradice
Getting Back To Reading!

Yes...but....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokee View Post
I don't have my Vox locked/pw protected, but it rarely leaves my side if I take it outside my home. I have too many dang passwords to remember, so I am taking the risk...living dangerously! If it were lost or stolen, I'd be more crushed about losing my precious Vox than I would be about unauthorized charges to my account!
---------------------------------------

Identity theft can be really messy....and, they can see your home address, as you can call up the information on the masks you put in there for billing fields.

Also, charge backs can affect the usage of your C.C. as well as affect your overall credit rating, if the report does not clarify the reason you had charges removed or charged back.

One think you could do, Pokee...is to write down your password and keep it in your purse until you remember the Vox access. If your purse got stolen, nobody would glean that the password was for your Vox...but rather perhaps for a bank account access. Just a thought.... You know the; 'I shoulda, coulda, woulda'...... that comes after the fact of something bad, but when you had a chance to hightly prevent it in the first place!

Old 12-12-2011, 05:07 PM   #22
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Yeah - I hear you. I could use a common password that I never forget, so I am thinking it's more laziness than anything. You do make good points, considering all my account info is available on the Vox. Perhaps once the sleep issue is resolved I'll be more apt to put on a PW - since then I'll be letting it sleep more, rather than turning it off all the time...
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:19 PM   #23
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Can that password protection thing be turned on and off? I would find it a nuisance around home, but I'm going to be in hospital for a bit in a few days and I would like some way to protect the Vox for that time frame anyway.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 05:38 PM   #24
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Kat--have you set a screen lock password on the Vox?
taming is offline   Reply With Quote