Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-10-2010, 02:16 PM   #1
18Coaster
18Coaster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Is there a way to add multible chapters to make one book

I was offered a free book but it was in HTML and I converted to mobi with autokindle. Now I have 25 or so individual files, I would like to read the book as a book not 25 chapter sized books. Anyway to get them to load to kindle as the book in one file?

Thanks hope all is well on your side of the screen

Steve
18Coaster
18Coaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 02:34 PM   #2
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Coaster View Post
I was offered a free book but it was in HTML and I converted to mobi with autokindle. Now I have 25 or so individual files, I would like to read the book as a book not 25 chapter sized books. Anyway to get them to load to kindle as the book in one file?

Thanks hope all is well on your side of the screen

Steve
18Coaster
Was the HTML book all in one file? If so just rename using the TXT extension and the K3 will read it as an HTML file without having to convert it. Example, you could rename myBook.html to myBook.txt.

If the HTML book is several files, zip them into a folder before sending them to Amazon to convert. Or bettter still zip them into a folder and use calibre to convert it.
Advert
Old 09-10-2010, 02:42 PM   #3
18Coaster
18Coaster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
A airport formal greeting to you Jack, Hello .. the files were posted in both Microsoft reader format or HTML I download the bunch 25 or so in all. When I tried Calibre it showed them all and I could not get them to add as one file. This is where I am stuck
Thanks for the reply
Steve
18Coaster
18Coaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 05:51 PM   #4
jswinden
Nameless Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Coaster View Post
A airport formal greeting to you Jack, Hello .. the files were posted in both Microsoft reader format or HTML I download the bunch 25 or so in all. When I tried Calibre it showed them all and I could not get them to add as one file. This is where I am stuck
Thanks for the reply
Steve
18Coaster
Did you try zipping all the files into a single zip file and adding that to calibre? It usually works for me.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:40 PM   #5
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
You have several options. Two that seem reasonable are (both are things I've done in preparing MOBI files):

1. Download the LIT instead and convert it to MOBI using calibre.

2. Get Sigil and use it to convert the collection of HTML files into a single ePub format ebook. Then you can use calibre to convert the ePub to MOBI.

Other options would be to use an HTML editor to assemble the HTML files into a single file to feed into calibre. I have Dreamweaver for HTML work and I'm reasonably competent with it, but prefer to use Sigil for this type of assembly when the end result is an eBook.

Last edited by dwig; 09-10-2010 at 07:40 PM. Reason: typos ... @#$@#$% typos ...
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert