Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-05-2010, 03:10 PM   #1
dml33
dml33 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Strainge PNG Background in Book Details

Hi.

In my books, I usually use a PNG image as a ebook cover, with transparent background, such as:

But, when I add it in Calibre, it appears with a cracked grey-white-black background in the Book details section:

In the E-Book Reader, it appears perfect, with a white background, as well as in a Sony PRS-600 and Adobe Digital Editions.

Is it a Calibre error? Will it be fixed? Or I'll have to change covers to jpg with white background?

Thanks!
dml33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:12 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
opena ticket and attach the png file
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-05-2010, 04:06 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually never mind. calibre doesn't support transparency in covers. So yes you have to convert it to something with a solid background. The next release of calibre will do it automatically for you.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:34 PM   #4
dml33

Thank you for your answer! I'll open a ticket and I'll be expecting the new release so all my covers will be displayed properly

Continue improving Calibre! It's awesome!
Old 08-08-2010, 07:42 AM   #5
dml33

Hi, again.

Suddenly, in Calibre version 0.7.13, the background in covers has changed from white to yellow... Could it be white again?

Thanks!

[IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]
Advert
Old 08-08-2010, 10:48 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Odd, open a ticket, include a sample png file that gets a yellow background when and mention your OS details.