Notices

Old 12-21-2009, 11:02 AM   #1
hoermal
Enthusiast
hoermal began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505 und Kindle 2
How can I delete furthes page read?

Hello,

is there a possibility to delete the furthest read page on the kindle 2.
After reading a book to the end I want to delete the furthest read page, because after me my wife wants to read the book on her iphone and kindle. Without deleting sychronisation makes no sense.

Please help!
hoermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:04 AM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
If you have more than one person reading the same books in your Kindle account.. your best bet is to disable Whispersync. You can do it on your Manage my kindle page.

If you don't want to do that... the only thing I can think to do is open the ebook back up to page 1 and sync location to there.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2009, 11:11 AM   #3
hoermal
Enthusiast
hoermal began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505 und Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
If you don't want to do that... the only thing I can think to do is open the ebook back up to page 1 and sync location to there.

BOb
That's what I tried, but there appears still the last page of the book.
hoermal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:19 AM   #4
SpiderMatt
Grand Arbiter
SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Amazon Kindle, Motorola Droid
Interestingly, Amazon synced the last page read to a book I stripped the DRM from. Didn't know they'd do that. Also didn't know I could disable the function via my account. I might do that. I'm not a fan of it. What if go to the end to look at something and then go back? What if you use subnote hyperlinks? Do the subnotes at the end sync as last page read? Kind of lame. Just remember your location or a number close to your location and you should be ok. It's what I did when using my Kindle and iPod Touch in Japan before there was an international version.
SpiderMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 10:31 AM   #5
jkeranen
jkeranen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jkeranen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jkeranen has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS 505/B&N Nook
I emailed Amazon support about this issue and apparently they can reset this for you.

Here is what they told me:

Hello,

More information is required to reset the sync settings in books in which you have already synced between devices. Please write back with the titles that you would like us to reset.
jkeranen is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2009, 01:32 PM   #6
SpiderMatt
Grand Arbiter
SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SpiderMatt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Amazon Kindle, Motorola Droid
That just doesn't make sense. Why wouldn't they allow you to manually reset a book yourself? Lame.
SpiderMatt is offline   Reply With Quote