Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-29-2008, 04:57 PM   #1
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
Sooo....

Is anyone in need of some nice lovely scarves?

I knit when I'm in a bad mood, and since I've been in a bad mood for like the past year, and now I've got all these damn scarves taking over my room.

And since I'm still in a bad mood, requests are permitted
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:01 PM   #2
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony 505, Kindle 2
Thanks, but I've been crocheting my own. Why don't you just knit a series of scarves that are long enough to cover the width of your bed? By the time your bad mood is gone, you'll have enough scarves to sew together into an afghan.

Dreamer
BookishDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2008, 05:10 PM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post
Thanks, but I've been crocheting my own. Why don't you just knit a series of scarves that are long enough to cover the width of your bed? By the time your bad mood is gone, you'll have enough scarves to sew together into an afghan.

Dreamer
Hrmmmm......that would be interesting.

I can't for the life of me crochet at all. Which makes me sad, because I want to do those amirugumi things.
Old 12-29-2008, 05:13 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilac_jive View Post
I can't for the life of me crochet at all. Which makes me sad, because I want to do those amirugumi things.
But, can you play croquet?

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:17 PM   #5
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist
BookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBookishDreamer can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
But, can you play croquet?

BOb
Be careful....you're talking to a woman who is in a bad mood and knows how to use long pointy needles.

Dreamer
Advert
Old 12-29-2008, 05:22 PM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Is anyone in need of some nice lovely scarves?

I knit when I'm in a bad mood, and since I've been in a bad mood for like the past year, and now I've got all these damn scarves taking over my room.

And since I'm still in a bad mood, requests are permitted
We here in the desert rarely need scarves, but I'll bed dollars to doughtnuts, there are some needy people in your area who would seriously appreciate donations.
Maybe abuse shelters, hospitals, ??
Or if you are looking to sell your work......EBAY!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:48 PM   #7
ravenne
Wizard
ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ravenne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PocketBook 360°, Cybook Gen3, iPad mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
We here in the desert rarely need scarves, but I'll bed dollars to doughtnuts, there are some needy people in your area who would seriously appreciate donations.
Selling is probably a good idea. And who needs scarves? Soccer fans do!
If you start knitting soccer fan-scarves now you´ll be rich in 2010 (next soccer worldchampionship)
Attached Images

ravenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 05:57 PM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
good thinking ravenne !!! after all, who wants to show up to the Coupe du Monde with a ratty old scarf ???
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:51 PM   #9
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BookishDreamer View Post
Be careful....you're talking to a woman who is in a bad mood and knows how to use long pointy needles.

Dreamer
MUAHAHAHHAHA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
That's not a bad idea (donating). We have a local abused women's shelter. As for ebay, I have an etsy account (kinda like ebay, but all handmade stuff and no bidding), but there are so many scarves I'd never be able to unload them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenne View Post
Selling is probably a good idea. And who needs scarves? Soccer fans do!
If you start knitting soccer fan-scarves now you´ll be rich in 2010 (next soccer worldchampionship)
I was in Europe (France and Italy) for the playoffs for the last one. It was awesome!
Old 12-29-2008, 06:52 PM   #10
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Scarves are the one thing I know how to knit! Which reminds me, I must finish the one I'm making for the yeti
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:57 PM   #11
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Scarves are the one thing I know how to knit! Which reminds me, I must finish the one I'm making for the yeti
Blankets are just like really big scarves. Piece of cake.

Speaking of, I put a pattern on my reader. Works nicely
Old 12-29-2008, 07:01 PM   #12
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Blankets are just like really big scarves. Piece of cake.

Speaking of, I put a pattern on my reader. Works nicely
That's an awful lot of stitches on one needle!!

And that's a point - I wonder if the backs of my sewing pattersn would read OK on the Sony? Because I really need to make it easier to buy fabric
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 07:05 PM   #13
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
That's an awful lot of stitches on one needle!!

And that's a point - I wonder if the backs of my sewing pattersn would read OK on the Sony? Because I really need to make it easier to buy fabric
That's the hardest part- counting the stitches when you cast on. But you use circular needles so everything fits. You switch sides like you normally would.

Now sewing, I can't do that. But I want to learn *sigh* One day...
Old 12-29-2008, 07:12 PM   #14
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
MUAHAHAHHAHA!!!

That's not a bad idea (donating). We have a local abused women's shelter. As for ebay, I have an etsy account (kinda like ebay, but all handmade stuff and no bidding), but there are so many scarves I'd never be able to unload them.
You would be amazed. We all love handmade goods, one of a kinds, that aren't mass produced. It would certainly be worth a try, especially with pictures.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 07:14 PM   #15
BookishDreamer
Cultural Artist

Quote:
That's the hardest part- counting the stitches when you cast on. But you use circular needles so everything fits. You switch sides like you normally would.

Now sewing, I can't do that. But I want to learn *sigh* One day...
My favorite crochet pattern only requires the ability to count to six. And the best part is that it let's me do diagonal stripes!

Dreamer