Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 03-30-2013, 03:12 AM   #22336
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
Hey you! You, taking pictures of the cherry tree blossoms. Have you got a permit for that?
Honest, Judge! I wuz takin' pitures of the peoples wut wuz takin' pitures! I wouln't dare shoot no flower witout havin' the proper paper wut sez I could!

There were actually more people out today than flowers! This is a very odd year, botanically. Some of the trees are blooming early, others haven't even begun, and I'm not talking specie to specie. I mean a line of trees all of the SAME specie with some almost in full bloom and others just budding! Weird! But it didn't stop the leaf-peepers. People were out in droves, and the Saturday train into Kyoto at 11am was more crowded than the weekday morning rush hour ride. But all in all, a nice day!

I'm transferring the photos from my memory card into my computer. I'm really curious to see if I got anything worth keeping or using for sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodin View Post
Atta boy Stitchie!
Thank you. I needed that.

Stitchawl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Sakura2013d.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	256.7 KB
ID:	103664   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sakura2013a.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	282.5 KB
ID:	103665  

Last edited by Stitchawl; 03-30-2013 at 05:19 AM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 05:43 AM   #22337
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Parkinson View Post
Surprising how often this kind of thing happens, ie scheduling a go-live just after Easter, or some other holiday. It's not like they can't see it coming. I know Easter moves around a bit but it's still easy to find out.
The trouble is that April is the start of the new fiscal year for government here, so they don't care what else is going on. If it's the new year, then it needs to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Its often done that way thought to allow a longer time period for the implementation / roll-out, and a longer time period for a backout if required.
I very much doubt that much thought or consideration was given to it in this case . Although you are right, in general you like to give yourself some leeway in major implementations.

Last edited by orlok; 03-30-2013 at 05:46 AM.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2013, 07:20 PM   #22338
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

After dealing with yesterday's new health check II (that insisted on blood tests, X-rays, etc., etc., even though they were not required for our forms (the hospital insisted on using THEIR forms, and only filled ours out as an adjunct...) and paying another $200 for them, when I brought them to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (hoping beyond hope that all was correct so I would NOT have to return to that office,) it was discovered that THEY forgot to give me one form that last time I was there, which had to be brought home for my wife to sign. So this means I have to go BACK again today to that office with THAT paper... Will that be the last of it?

Stitchawl
Old 04-01-2013, 08:35 PM   #22339
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Nope!
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #22340
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Stitchy ... they' not done with you yet .... they probably haven't even begun to derail your attempts
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2013, 04:39 AM   #22341
Stitchawl
Opsimath

In 'theory,' I have all the documents required (at least the ones that are printed on the Visa application instructions,) all the required frankings, stamps, and signatures, and the proper number of copies of each.
Tomorrow morning I'll go back to the Thai Consulate and submit the package. Keep your fingers crossed...

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 04-02-2013 at 05:25 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:28 AM   #22342
Rumpelteazer
Grand Sorcerer
Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rumpelteazer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
We have no water in the store. The store is connected, through our side entrance, to the water mains around the corner. After asking those neighbours we found out that we're disconnected until 3pm. Of the three restaurants/lunchrooms my father asked only one had gotten a notification. It also wasn't listed on the website of the water supplier.

We're lucky that upstairs is connected to another water mains, so we can go upstairs to make tea, use the toilet, wash our hands, etc. The restaurants can't open until they have water again, especially annoying when you weren't notified.
Rumpelteazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 06:58 PM   #22343
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Much more often than not in the last couple of weeks I've seen this sign when I've tried to sign into my account at Virgin Mobile. That's a long 24 hours. I wonder what gives?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Virgin Whoops.PNG
Views:	154
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	103804  
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:40 PM   #22344
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
I have a rant today...

I have 2 kids with my ex. I have custody and he is supposed to pay $606 per month in child support. In the past 5 years I've received only a handful of payments spread out over the years. His outstanding amount is over $25,000. He's a carpenter and makes good money (at least $40,000). I know since I was with him for 5 years and ran the business. He has no problem taking the kids out to dinner, and to parties all over the place, camping every summer, etc. I've been in court fighting for my money for years. He even spent 6 months in jail for not paying, and still refuses to pay now. He's told me several times that he doesn't pay me because he thinks I spend the money on myself and not on the kids.

This morning at 8:30 he calls me asking to meet me so he can give me paperwork. Yeah, he gives me a motion to change his child support amount to $300! He states that he only makes $25,000 per year, which is bullcrap. He put on his list of expenses that he pays $227 in insurance/licencing fees per month...I don't see how since the government took his licence away 3 years ago for non-payment. He also listed $56 per month for clothes for the kids. Again, I don't understand how they would go through that many clothes in a month since they both have worn the same sizes for at least 6 months. My kids don't tear through clothing that fast. Also, if he says he can afford $300 per month on a $25,000 salary (which he claims he made every year for the past 3 years), then why not make those $300 payments every month over the last 6 years? There were 2 straight years that I didn't receive a dime from him. Then I get a $200-300 payment, then nothing again for another year.

Now I have to rush around to file an answer saying I don't agree with his motion at court, then serve him, then go back to court to file and affidavit of service showing I gave him the answer, all before April 10th which is the court date. I'm running out of breath just typing this out. I don't even understand how he he's allowed to serve me only 7 days before a court date. How am I supposed to organize a defence in that time?

Luckily we have a Family Law Information Centre at the court house that I can go to for free and ask legal questions, because I certainly can't afford a lawyer. I'm so upset today.

Sorry for going on. I just needed to get that out in the open.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #22345
Fbone
Is that a sandwich?
Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Fbone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Glowlight Plus
Romeo and Juliet killed themselves for their love, so I think you can at least answer my text message.
Fbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 04:42 PM   #22346
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
I have a rant today...

I have 2 kids with my ex. I have custody and he is supposed to pay $606 per month in child support. In the past 5 years I've received only a handful of payments spread out over the years. His outstanding amount is over $25,000. He's a carpenter and makes good money (at least $40,000). I know since I was with him for 5 years and ran the business. He has no problem taking the kids out to dinner, and to parties all over the place, camping every summer, etc. I've been in court fighting for my money for years. He even spent 6 months in jail for not paying, and still refuses to pay now. He's told me several times that he doesn't pay me because he thinks I spend the money on myself and not on the kids.

This morning at 8:30 he calls me asking to meet me so he can give me paperwork. Yeah, he gives me a motion to change his child support amount to $300! He states that he only makes $25,000 per year, which is bullcrap. He put on his list of expenses that he pays $227 in insurance/licencing fees per month...I don't see how since the government took his licence away 3 years ago for non-payment. He also listed $56 per month for clothes for the kids. Again, I don't understand how they would go through that many clothes in a month since they both have worn the same sizes for at least 6 months. My kids don't tear through clothing that fast. Also, if he says he can afford $300 per month on a $25,000 salary (which he claims he made every year for the past 3 years), then why not make those $300 payments every month over the last 6 years? There were 2 straight years that I didn't receive a dime from him. Then I get a $200-300 payment, then nothing again for another year.

Now I have to rush around to file an answer saying I don't agree with his motion at court, then serve him, then go back to court to file and affidavit of service showing I gave him the answer, all before April 10th which is the court date. I'm running out of breath just typing this out. I don't even understand how he he's allowed to serve me only 7 days before a court date. How am I supposed to organize a defence in that time?

Luckily we have a Family Law Information Centre at the court house that I can go to for free and ask legal questions, because I certainly can't afford a lawyer. I'm so upset today.

I really hope everything works out Pookeysgirl.

This may be a stupid question but can you get the Family Responsibility Office to garnish his wages?
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:03 PM   #22347
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
I have a rant today...

Good luck!
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:47 PM   #22348
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
No rant here. Just listening and nodding my head in agreement.

I have decided that we are not going to try and visit each of our families every summer. It is too expensive and uses up all of our vacation time. His family this year, my family next year. Riverhouse for a week with ourselves and some friends and maybe family.
Much the best idea, then you get to have a holiday too.

We used to go interstate to visit our parents and ran around madly trying to see all our friends and would come back exhausted. Then we got smart and told everyone when we would be there and could they come and see us. We soon found out who really wanted to see us! Yours is a slightly different scenario, but the same thing applies, why is it you who has to do all the running around every time.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:50 PM   #22349
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Quote:
I have a rant today...

That's tough!
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #22350
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
@Pookeysgirl - I hate to say it, but you need a lawyer! It's the only way to navigate the legal system and protect your rights. Otherwise you're going to be continually jacked around by this jerk. Does your community have any Pro Bono lawyers available? Perhaps through a women's shelter or women's organizations?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness