Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 03-06-2012, 04:43 AM   #256
nanonano
nanonano began at the beginning.

Device: m92
Hallo Booxtor,
thank you very much for the info and the firmware for M92.
I have a small problem with my ereader and the upgrade to 1.7 version doesn't solve it:

suddenly my M92 stopped recording my recent documents. So I have to reopen all the files and go manually at the page I was reading last time. It has been a sudden problem and i continued also when changing my SD or opening the files from the internal memories. As I told neither te upgrade to 1.7 resolved the problem... any solution?
Thank you very much
nanonano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 05:54 AM   #257
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Device: IRex Iliad 2nd ed., Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox Max Lumi
Quote:
Originally Posted by labyrinth9 View Post
Hello everyone! I have been reading this forum for a while. I have a new issue which just started happening on my M92. If the clock app is running, and you hold the nav button, it will freeze. This is an issue for me because as I carry it in my folio, it accidentally runs the program and consequently freezes.

Any ideas?

- Jason R Englert
Personally, I just put the device into suspend mode, if I carry it longer distances without reading - so I never have this issue.

But it may make sense to state the firmware you're running, so that Booxtor may report possible bugs. (mind that 1.7rc is a release candidate - not a stable firmware )

That being said: @booxtor: is there a new 1.7RC version in sight that fixes the (annoying) bug exporting highlighted text? (the 24/02/12 version omits all spaces between words )
kodomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2012, 06:15 AM   #258
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a lot of..
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanonano View Post
Hallo Booxtor,
thank you very much for the info and the firmware for M92.
I have a small problem with my ereader and the upgrade to 1.7 version doesn't solve it:

suddenly my M92 stopped recording my recent documents. So I have to reopen all the files and go manually at the page I was reading last time. It has been a sudden problem and i continued also when changing my SD or opening the files from the internal memories. As I told neither te upgrade to 1.7 resolved the problem... any solution?
Thank you very much
Hi, nanonano.

If I understand you correctly, the problem is still there? So if you are reading a book and then exit it, the boox does not remember the last read page?

It is actually unusual behavior.
Could you please tell me:
Format of your boox
Storage place
Language of the menu
Reading soft

I will try to figure out what could be reason of thiy behavior, where is the problem and what to do now.
Booxtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:40 AM   #259
Booxtor
Booxtor
Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Booxtor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodomo View Post
Personally, I just put the device into suspend mode, if I carry it longer distances without reading - so I never have this issue.

But it may make sense to state the firmware you're running, so that Booxtor may report possible bugs. (mind that 1.7rc is a release candidate - not a stable firmware )

That being said: @booxtor: is there a new 1.7RC version in sight that fixes the (annoying) bug exporting highlighted text? (the 24/02/12 version omits all spaces between words )
Hi kodomo,

I am going to publish here the new release in 1-2 week. I didn't notice this bug before. Now I have tested some PDFs and I found that in most of them the exporting is OK, but in some files the issue with omitting of the spaces between words is there. I have forwarded the bug and the PDF docs , where the bug appears to our developers team. Will be fixed.
Old 03-06-2012, 12:25 PM   #260
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!
mSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with others

Device: Onyx M92
I recently noticed an unwelcome behaviour with PDF documents:
I am reading an article, which was apparently first scanned and then treated with OCR. Unfortunately, the M92 seems not to be able to hide the PDFs margins properly. Instead, it also chops of a part of the document itself.

So instead I tried to use the 2-point-zoom, which works quite well one a single page. However, when I try to change pages (using either the buttons on the left or the joystick on the right), the M92 simply move to the next page and then apply the proper zoom-level. Instead, the reader simply moves the view up/down a bit, and therefore also displays a part of the current page, which was cropped.

Imagine you open a PDF document in Acrobat Reader (with continuous view), and you simply scroll down a bit, so that you partially display two pages underneath each other. That's a bit what it looks like.

Is this being worked on?
mSSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2012, 09:54 AM   #261
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mSSM View Post
I recently noticed an unwelcome behaviour with PDF documents:
I am reading an article, which was apparently first scanned and then treated with OCR. Unfortunately, the M92 seems not to be able to hide the PDFs margins properly. Instead, it also chops of a part of the document itself.

So instead I tried to use the 2-point-zoom, which works quite well one a single page. However, when I try to change pages (using either the buttons on the left or the joystick on the right), the M92 simply move to the next page and then apply the proper zoom-level. Instead, the reader simply moves the view up/down a bit, and therefore also displays a part of the current page, which was cropped.

Imagine you open a PDF document in Acrobat Reader (with continuous view), and you simply scroll down a bit, so that you partially display two pages underneath each other. That's a bit what it looks like.

Is this being worked on?
If the PDF is not copyrighted could you please send it to me?
Old 03-08-2012, 07:19 AM   #262
nanonano
nanonano began at the beginning.

Device: m92
Hi booxtor,
yes the device doesn't remember it and to have opened it neither.
My device is an M)", SD card 4 or 8 GB, Italian and PDF reader I think,
I'm sorry but I'm not very expertise in these things...
Anyway it happens another strange thing:
after I remove the SD card and reformatted it , after I tried for 3 times to proced with your upgrede (I think it was OK since the first time but my problem did not solve) the recent file list come back on the device (but the devise again can't remember to have open a file, to what page it has been closed and I cannot erase the that list anyway)....

Another strange thing is that I can't read CHM files but I thoght it was because I tried to open very large file with lot of images and chapters.... (medicine books)

Thank you very much,
nanonano
nanonano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:13 PM   #263
ragasol
ragasol began at the beginning.

Device: onyxboox m92
Hi:

After updating to 1.7 firmware, and calibrating the stylus, there are two or three millimeters between the pencil tip and the line that I wrote, but only in some parts of the screen. So, for example, to underline a text, I need to point the stylus above the text.

Anybody got same problem?

Booxtor... the new stylus (the black one), works fine. It is easier to write with it
ragasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:21 PM   #264
PF4Mobile
Guru
PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.PF4Mobile can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Touch, EEE 800 Note, Entourage PE, finally M92
Never calibrated the stylus
I do have some offset between the tip of the stylus and the writing. It is not consistent, not always the same. If I want to underline I point the tip of the pen a little above the base of the line of text.

Sometimes the reader doesn't seem to sense the stylus, it gets to a point where I believe the software loses the fact that the pen is on "the paper" At that point I can move the pen (still in permanent contact with the screen) anywhere on the page, it won't live a mark!
Rotating the pen or interrupting the contact sometimes solves the problem.
PF4Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:37 PM   #265
kodomo
M92 info archivist
kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.kodomo is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PF4Mobile View Post
Never calibrated the stylus
I do have some offset between the tip of the stylus and the writing. It is not consistent, not always the same. If I want to underline I point the tip of the pen a little above the base of the line of text.

Sometimes the reader doesn't seem to sense the stylus, it gets to a point where I believe the software loses the fact that the pen is on "the paper" At that point I can move the pen (still in permanent contact with the screen) anywhere on the page, it won't live a mark!
Rotating the pen or interrupting the contact sometimes solves the problem.
(Telling from Iliad experience, where this had a noticeable effect)
Mind where the sender of the pen sits: Not at the tip, but a bit above.
The tablet locates the sender - not the tip.

If you hold the pen at different angles writing and calibrating, then...

Last edited by kodomo; 03-09-2012 at 04:03 AM.
Old 03-08-2012, 02:50 PM   #266
kodomo
M92 info archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragasol View Post
Hi:

After updating to 1.7 firmware, and calibrating the stylus, there are two or three millimeters between the pencil tip and the line that I wrote, but only in some parts of the screen. So, for example, to underline a text, I need to point the stylus above the text.

Booxtor... the new stylus (the black one), works fine. It is easier to write with it
I just did a bit of testing - and though I see the effect with the M92 as well, I have to say that they're doing a pretty good job of compensating (compared to the Iliad).

Did you check to what extend this behaviour is consistent between the small and the large pen?
If it happens only with the large pen: is its tip longer than that of the small one? (which would imply a higher angle dependency due to the larger offset between tip and sender - explaining why compensation is not working so well for the black one)
Old 03-08-2012, 03:26 PM   #267
Booxtor
Booxtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragasol View Post
Hi:

Hi,

Could you test if the scribbling inaccuracy happens in books during annotations or also in the scribble software too? It is actually unusual behavior. I have tested a couple of M92 (with original and black pens) here and couldn't reproduce the described issue. And I did not calibrate the device - just installed 1.7.

May be additional recalibration helps?
Old 03-08-2012, 04:22 PM   #268
kodomo
M92 info archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booxtor View Post
Hi,

Could you test if the scribbling inaccuracy happens in books during annotations or also in the scribble software too? It is actually unusual behavior. I have tested a couple of M92 (with original and black pens) here and couldn't reproduce the described issue. And I did not calibrate the device - just installed 1.7.

May be additional recalibration helps?
My guess is that he's either calibrated holding the pen vertically and is trying to write in a normal writing position - or vice-verca...

...You can notice a slight shift in the position of a drawn line when holding the pens differently (although to my experience, you'll have to do it very consciously with the M92, as it seems well compensated ).

Take for example a background with squares in the scribble application, and draw a vertical line along one of the background ones (most noticeable in peripheral areas).
Do this holding the pen in different positions, and you'll likely notice a slight shift of the drawn line.

In my case it varies up to 1mm... so I can figure that it's more prominent, if a person (not knowing this wacom-specific behaviour) calibrates the device in an inconsistent way (w.r.t. holding angles of the pen).

With the Iliad, I ended up concentrating on the upper end of the tip to write correctly, because the effect was much more drastic
Old 03-09-2012, 04:24 AM   #269
fraylocus
Groupie
fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'fraylocus knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Onyx Boox M92, Onyx Boox T68
I booked the black M92 and future user as I can think of would be possible without the firmware several different contrasts as Duokan for Kindle.
With some lots of text documents and fine print, this option is interesting.

regards
fraylocus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 05:33 AM   #270
mSSM
Connoisseur? Addict!
mSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with othersmSSM plays well with others

Device: Onyx M92
Booxtor's DropBox account was apparently disabled for now, because he caused too much traffic. Could somebody else maybe upload the latest firmware to some other service? Maybe some DropBox alternative like LiveMash (Microsoft) or UbuntuOne?
mSSM is offline   Reply With Quote