Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-06-2017, 09:10 AM   #1
anabolina
Groupie
anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current: tablet, kindle paperwhite, onyx boox t68. Past: Sony, nook
EReader with physical buttons :)

Hey everyone. Thanks in advance for letting me pick your brains My arta tech onyx book t68 has had bootloops since 6 months after i bought it, but it's now gotten to the point where it now needs to be plugged in if in use. Alas firmware updates were no help. I also have a paperwhite i bought last year. It's fine, but I really miss real buttons. I do like the book store, but reckon I'll have it on hand when i feel like buying or reading a book from Amazon.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a new reader. I don't mind ordering from overseas, but prefer it be less than $200 worth shipping.

What would be nice :
-physical page turn buttons
- at least 274 ppi
-Backlight

Less essential
-android of with play store for calibre companion and installation of public library apps
- ability to change warmth of Backlight and broad range of light intensities

Don't care about
-screen size
- waterproofing
- book store

Does anyone have a reader they can recommend?
anabolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 10:27 AM   #2
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Boyues are meant to be pretty good. You can find them on banggood.com. They have a new model out with a flush screen.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2017, 05:24 PM   #3
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by anabolina View Post
Hey everyone. Thanks in advance for letting me pick your brains My arta tech onyx book t68 has had bootloops since 6 months after i bought it, but it's now gotten to the point where it now needs to be plugged in if in use. Alas firmware updates were no help. I also have a paperwhite i bought last year. It's fine, but I really miss real buttons. I do like the book store, but reckon I'll have it on hand when i feel like buying or reading a book from Amazon.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for a new reader. I don't mind ordering from overseas, but prefer it be less than $200 worth shipping.

What would be nice :
- at least 274 ppi
-Backlight

Less essential
-android of with play store for calibre companion and installation of public library apps
- ability to change warmth of Backlight and broad range of light intensities

Don't care about
-screen size
- waterproofing
- book store

Does anyone have a reader they can recommend?
I don't own one, but I've been looking at the ICARUS Illumina E654BK. $120 on Amazon with an additional $15 for shipping.

On your list of requirements, it has:

-Backlight (Frontlight. E-ink does not use backlight)

Resolution is 1024X758, so it isn't 300 ppi.

Here's a link to a review/overview: The eBook Reader
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 12:11 AM   #4
anabolina
Groupie
anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anabolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current: tablet, kindle paperwhite, onyx boox t68. Past: Sony, nook
Woot, I misplaced my Kindle last night.(Yeah I know, it's somewhere in the house and if I look for it, I'll find it, but now I have an excuse to replace it).

I ended up ordering the Ink Book Prime from Amazon, so I should have it Friday. I can't wait to play with my new ereader. Thanks for the replies!
anabolina is offline   Reply With Quote