Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-26-2023, 10:44 AM   #1
kravic74
kravic74 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Era, but also other models - more complete personalization of books

all the best for Xmas,

Pocketbook Era, it's an e-reader with huge potential.... can you help me with the following aspects

I want to go DEEPER IN POCKETBOOK SETTINGS (I have an Era, but probably a more general topic).
I would like to be able to personalize the format of books more deeply in Legimi/FBreader.

topic Era+Legimi/FBReader:

1) the font size 9 and smaller is already too small for me to do anything, and above 12 is too large, I would like the font size slider to support throughout its length (30 positions) a values from about 8 to 15 points. Analogous to the way we have the FONT_RAMP file in the Kindle,

2) I would like to be able to disable word splitting and force left justification (that's how I'm used to it and that's how I like it)....

3) I'd like to be able to add spacing after a paragraph (that's how I'm used to it)

I poked around in Era's system files and found some interesting-looking files, but editing them didn't change anything, maybe someone smart knows how to force changes and why after editing on myEra nothing changes....

I found the file
\systemfigbreader.cfg
inside are the entries
font=default,24
fontchangestep=5
I changed it, but it had no effect on the behavior of the reader

The content of the files is also interesting....
\fb2.css
html.css
linespacing.cfg
margins.cfg
but here I also have no success after changing the contents....
kravic74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 04:45 PM   #2
kravic74

Spelling

\system\fbreader.cfg

k
Advert
Old 12-26-2023, 06:00 PM   #3
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
The easiest way to do all that is in the calibre editor or Sigil, before you load your books to your Era.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2023, 07:23 AM   #4
kravic74

It is not so easy. I use Legimi.

Legimi in Poland is a subscription-based digital platform offering access to a wide range of e-books and audiobooks, catering to diverse reading preferences and promoting literacy in a convenient, modern format.

The books on Legimi are encrypted to ensure security and protect copyright.

I am attempting to modify the application that displays books after they are decrypted.
Old 12-27-2023, 07:39 AM   #5
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kravic74 View Post
It is not so easy. I use Legimi.

Legimi in Poland is a subscription-based digital platform offering access to a wide range of e-books and audiobooks, catering to diverse reading preferences and promoting literacy in a convenient, modern format.

The books on Legimi are encrypted to ensure security and protect copyright.

I am attempting to modify the application that displays books after they are decrypted.
If you use their proprietary app for reading and it has no native settings for the things you listed, I don't think anything can be done. Proprietary apps are a PITA.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
era, fbreader, legimi, pocketbook 700