Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-15-2023, 05:32 PM   #1
ArmadilloPilot
Enthusiast
ArmadilloPilot began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Verse Pro
Import/Export highlights and bookmarks?

Just had a thought and wonder if this feature exists. Is there a way to take the highlighted sections of a book I have been reading in my Pocketbook and somehow transfer those highlights in a text file to my computer.

I am imagining to easily bring quotes from a book into a lengthy paper I am writing, without having to retype the sections, even complete paragraphs I find interesting and wish to comment about.

I did a brief scan through the Pocketbook Verse file structure and did notice any file that looks like it might contain the highlights I made while reading. I would really be nice if Calibre could be synced with the book on the reader to capture bookmarks and highlights.

Maybe this is just 'pipe dream'
ArmadilloPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 07:42 AM   #2
ArmadilloPilot
Enthusiast
ArmadilloPilot began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Verse Pro
Well now, It's not a "pipe dream" after all. I was able to export notes. The software creates a folder in internal memory. When you choose the notes you want to export it creates an html file of those notes and places it in the folder "Notes". This makes the notes availlable to you when you connect to the PC.
ArmadilloPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2023, 01:16 PM   #3
wold
Zealot
wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Lux 5, Libra 2, PRS-T2N
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmadilloPilot View Post
Well now, It's not a "pipe dream" after all. I was able to export notes. The software creates a folder in internal memory. When you choose the notes you want to export it creates an html file of those notes and places it in the folder "Notes". This makes the notes availlable to you when you connect to the PC.
Indeed an export features exists on the reader.

There were a few annotation related topics here in Pocketbook section. Using the "search this forum" feature at the bottom of the topics overview you can look them up.

Let me also plug the AVATeR annotation viewer (not yet for mac)
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...ht=annotations
wold is offline   Reply With Quote