Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 04-12-2023, 09:06 AM   #1
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
NEW Firmware 6.8 for Pocketbook ERA !!!

NEW UPDATE 6.8.803

Very good news for Pocketbook ERA owners who are waiting for new patch updates

Since it is an update from 6.7 to 6.8, I assume it will contain a trigger of fixes and changes. Since I am not the owner of ERA, I would like to ask the owner of this device if they could write all their comments under the article, thank you .

• Pocketbook ERA
• Firmware 6.8.803
• LINK :

https://download.pocketbook-int.com/...8.803_user.zip

CHANGE LOG

[General changes]

A newly downloaded and installed TTS packet will now be chosen automatically.
Added tips for user interface elements when reading in the dictionary mode.
Some wording improvements for German language.
More correct parsing of author, publisher, series and annotation metadata of comic books in CBZ format.
Improvement of the user interface for lists of content and notes. Now it is more convenient to collapse or expand the list of notes. In order to open the book page with the note, the user only needs to tap on the arrow next to the page number.

Support of AZW- and AZW3-formatted books.
With this firmware update much more dictionaries are available for download.
«Select dictionaries» dialog of the Dictionary app and in the Reading app with dictionary mode on.
The user now has the option to purchase a book after downloading and reading its reading sample from the Book Store. There is also an option to buy a book by selecting a corresponding item of the context menu on the cover of the rating fragment in the main menu.
A separate section for reading gesture settings with voice text playback (TTS) enabled has been added.
The user now has the option to purchase a book after downloading and reading its reading sample from the Book Store. There is also an option to buy a book by selecting a corresponding item of the context menu on the cover of the rating fragment in the main menu.

[Reading program]

More correct parsing of author, publisher, series and annotation metadata of comic books in CBZ format.
Fixed the problem of the incorrect display of the font size in some books in PDF format in reflow mode.
Added the ability to the reading settings to enable the display of the page boundary (dotted line) that was displayed on the previous screen for books in PDF and DjVu format.
Improvement of the user interface for lists of content and notes. Now it is more convenient to collapse or expand the list of notes.

UI enhancements of the Onleihe app.
Automatically switching to lowercase mode after entering the upper case letter on the screen keyboard. Ability to enable CAPS mode on the screen keyboard by double pressing the Shift button.
Ability to customize color brightness and temperature separately for Photoframe mode.
Faster processing of adding and deleting books via the Main Menu or in the Library in case the Library already contains a huge amount of books.'
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ERA.png
Views:	2750
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	201000  

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 04-12-2023 at 09:23 AM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 01:15 PM   #2
the_Pan
Connoisseur
the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Forma, Pocketbook Era
Thank you again for sharing!

my (very short) review
(I just installed the update and tested what I am using the most, nothing else):

+ device and screen seems to get more responsive with every update
- still no nightmode

Last edited by the_Pan; 04-12-2023 at 01:19 PM.
the_Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2023, 02:24 PM   #3
einor
einor began at the beginning.

Device: PB Era
Thanks a lot) Screen really feels faster now, and option to customize drop-up menu appears.
einor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 04:58 PM   #4
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kobo, PocketBook, Tolino, Bookeen, Onyx Boox, Boyue.
At a quick glance, the top panel can now also be customised.

On a negative note, my own dictionaries that I have installed in PB Reader do not work for me. But I don't know if this is just my problem or a general problem.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	customize controls.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	201003  
cellaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2023, 05:46 PM   #5
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO H2O,Inkpad 4,ONYX Leaf 2
Thumbs up

thanks for the contributions guys
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-13-2023, 01:16 AM   #6
kaznelson
Old Kaz
kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaznelson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Era
Bookmarks:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	scr0001.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	77.9 KB
ID:	201011  
kaznelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 09:33 AM   #7
the_Pan
Connoisseur
the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.the_Pan is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Kobo Forma, Pocketbook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by cellaris View Post
On a negative note, my own dictionaries that I have installed in PB Reader do not work for me. But I don't know if this is just my problem or a general problem.
You're right, self installed dictionaries doesn't work for me neither.
the_Pan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 03:02 PM   #8
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I have checked for updates, but my Era thinks it has the latest release, even though it is U700.6.7.1555.

Do they normally delay OTA updates like this?

I've never needed to manually download and install updates before.

(web site still shows 6.7.155 as latest update -- I will just wait for the OTA I think)

Last edited by tomsem; 04-27-2023 at 03:09 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2023, 02:31 AM   #9
einor
einor began at the beginning.

Device: PB Era
It is possible that 803 version is just a preview. Maybe officially will be posted next version.
einor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 04:41 AM   #10
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
(web site still shows 6.7.155 as latest update -- I will just wait for the OTA I think)
6.8 is generally for users of Legimi. So it should be available as OTA in Poland and Germany.
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 08:26 AM   #11
Citation4444
Citation4444 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook ERA, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Forma, Sony PRS-900
I installed 803 on my Era and found dictionaries don't work. I can't look up any word by tapping on it as I could with prior version 1555. I can't seem to install 1555 now. Is there a secret to reverting to 1555?
Citation4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2023, 09:30 AM   #12
cellaris
Addict
cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cellaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Copy the SWUPDATE. BIN file of the firmware you want to install in the root directory. Connect the e-reader to the mains. Switch it off. With the forward and backward keys pressed, turn on the e-reader and do not release any of the 3 keys until the software update screen appears.
Old 05-09-2023, 11:10 AM   #13
Citation4444

Quote:
Copy the SWUPDATE. BIN file of the firmware you want to install in the root directory. Connect the e-reader to the mains. Switch it off. With the forward and backward keys pressed, turn on the e-reader and do not release any of the 3 keys until the software update screen appears.
I think I've tried that, but I'll try again.
Old 05-09-2023, 11:26 AM   #14
cellaris
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citation4444 View Post
I think I've tried that, but I'll try again.
I reverted to software version 6.7.1555 with no problems (although it took a little longer than usual for the software update screen to appear).
Old 05-09-2023, 12:02 PM   #15
Citation4444

Quote:
I reverted to software version 6.7.1555 with no problems (although it took a little longer than usual for the software update screen to appear).
I tried reverting again with this procedure, and it worked. Must have made a mistake the first time. Thanks.