Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-14-2023, 08:26 AM   #1
mcwieger
mcwieger began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Books sent from Calibre to Kobo with KOReader via wifi not showing in default reader

As the title of the topic shows: many variables here where things can go wrong. Hope this is placed in the right forum space, otherwise please move to desired place. Let me describe the situation.
  • I run Calibre on my Synology in Docker.
  • I have a Kobo Libra 2 and I want to sync my device library with this Calibre instance.
  • I want to do this over-the-air, so I installed KOReader to enable wifi sync.

I set up the /mnt/onboard directory as my sync folder.
  • I can connect to the Calibre server and transfer books
  • I can read the books in KOReader
  • When I exit KOReader books are not visible under My Books

Made sure to do the following:
  • Made a wired connection to Calibre on Windows PC and transferred a book
  • I made sure to use the same folder (as stated above) in the wifi sync to store books
  • I use the same syntax to store files, using Smartdevice plugin in Calibre (folder per author, folder per book, store book file in those folders)
  • Restarted Kobo device, ran several syncs on Kobo device, no results
  • However when I did the sync with the Windows PC, the books that didn't show up earlier on the device, all of a sudden became visible. So the USB sync did trigger something to show the books in the standard Kobo software

Any ideas what the issue can be? The workaround of running a sync via USB on the Windows PC doesn't make sense to me, the wifi sync should do the trick in the first place.

Last edited by mcwieger; 03-14-2023 at 08:29 AM.
mcwieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2023, 09:24 AM   #2
Lys
Zealot
Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
You may need to force your Kobo to do a full rescan of books to import the new ones in its own DB (if I remember correctly, Koreader does not modify in any way Kobo own sqlite file)

If you have already NickelMenu installed, you can add a line in the config file

menu_item : main : Rescan Full : nickel_misc : rescan_books_full

to add the option on NickelMenu
Lys is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-14-2023, 10:43 AM   #3
mcwieger

Ah, that sounds interesting. Can you point me to a guide how to update the config file?
Old 03-14-2023, 10:55 AM   #4
Lys
Zealot
Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lys ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcwieger View Post
Ah, that sounds interesting. Can you point me to a guide how to update the config file?
Check out these threads

NickelMenu Thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=329525

Best of NickelMenu (where you can find some examples on how to enable some functionalities) https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=345337
Lys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 05:55 AM   #5
mcwieger

After a Kobo update and a KOReader update I tried this and it works perfectly! Thanks.
Advert