Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-31-2023, 03:13 AM   #1
orontee
Connoisseur
orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.

Device: Vivlio Touch HD Plus
Unhappy [PB632] Can't synchronize anymore

Since a couple of days, when I plug my Vivlio Touch HD Pro to my desktop computer or my laptop (both running Debian 12, aka Bookworm), or my job laptop (running Bookworm or Windows 11), I can see the battery is charging but synchronization mode doesn't start anymore.

I've played with the "Advanced / USB mode" parameter. Same observation. With different USB cables. Same observation.

Impossible to synchronize files anymore!

Any recommendation? Should I restore factory settings (at what cost?)? How could I debug this?

The reader is running with the official OS; Simply installed tetris, taranis, pbterm and SGT puzzles. Note that I've not installed any new program recently.
orontee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 04:12 AM   #2
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Do you want to say that the device is not recognized by the laptop as usb storage?
Try:
Settings - Maintenance - USB Mode: PC link
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2023, 04:57 AM   #3
orontee
Connoisseur
orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.orontee invented the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
Do you want to say that the device is not recognized by the laptop as usb storage?
Try:
Settings - Maintenance - USB Mode: PC link
I try to say that it isn't recognized as USB storage anymore, whatever is set as "USB Mode" parameter.
Old 12-31-2023, 05:07 AM   #4
orontee
Connoisseur

Solved

Tried one more USB cable, I changed the USB Mode setting many times. Shutdown, restarted, retried and... It works again. Strange.
Old 12-31-2023, 06:33 AM   #5
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Most probably your usb connector is broken.
2end case scenario internal sd failure.
Old 12-31-2023, 10:23 AM   #6
nhedgehog
Guru

I had this once and it was the CASE, that prevented the USB plug to work properly.

Tags
help needed, synchronization