Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-15-2023, 06:49 PM   #1
VulcanRidr
VulcanRidr began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Era Stardust Silver
Desperately seeking a notepad app

I have a Pocketbook Era, and I was wondering if there is any kind of note taking or scratch pad app for the Era.

In essense, I have a Nokia N900 that has been kind of my "brain prosthesis" for years. I used it as a mobile media player (in the car, on bluetooth, etc), notepad, ebook reader, and a couple of games. However, the N900 is getting a little bit (okay, let's face it, a lor) long in the tooth. It is still functional, but my wife got me the Pocketbook era, because my eyes ain't getting any younger.So I have offloaded the book reading to the Era, and the games, what little I play them...But if, say, I am whip together a costco list, or some other type of non-book-related notes, I would like to use the Era and basically use the N900 as a media player only, mostly because it has an FM transmitter so I can play my media (music, podcasts, old time radio shows, etc) through the car stereo...

Is there any kind of non-book-related notes app?

Thanks,
--vr
VulcanRidr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 04:55 AM   #2
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by VulcanRidr View Post
I have a Pocketbook Era, ...

Is there any kind of non-book-related notes app?
Sure, just look at the app section.

Wasn't it called Scribble?

If you want something else install Koreader, which has an inbuild TextEditor.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 05:36 AM   #3
Cyfranek
Groupie
Cyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exerciseCyfranek juggles running chainsaws for a bit of light exercise

Device: PocketBok Era, Kindle Oasis 3, Bookeen Diva HD
You can try to use text editor in KOReader for PocketBook.
Cyfranek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 09:31 PM   #4
VulcanRidr

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
Sure, just look at the app section.

Wasn't it called Scribble?

If you want something else install Koreader, which has an inbuild TextEditor.
Thank you both. Scribble did not work as a free form text list, but the text editor in Koreader is exactly what I was looking for. Thank you both!

I had installed Koreader a while back, but it never really worked with it. It looks at first glance, like a decent reader app. And now I have the advantage of having multiple books open simultaneously on the reader. Sweet!
Old 12-17-2023, 01:48 AM   #5
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
The one I use the most comes bundled with a chess game and some other apps and games. There's a useful file manager also.

http://pbchess.vlasovsoft.net/en/

Direct DOWNLOAD (right-click and save-as if directly clicking does not work)

I've created direct shortcut icons to the notepad and filemanger apps on my PB632.

Last edited by neil_swann80; 12-17-2023 at 01:57 AM.
neil_swann80 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2023, 10:54 AM   #6
VulcanRidr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyfranek View Post
You can try to use text editor in KOReader for PocketBook.
The one thing I do wish is that there were a way to go straight into the editor. Because when I open KOreader, it puts me into the directory tree, I thien have to go and open a book and then hit the top menu and open the editor (or I set up a corner tap for it).

Also, does the Pocketbook's text-to-speech work with KOreader?