Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-02-2023, 07:11 AM   #1
Newreader
Newreader began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Era
Pocketbook Era does not remember book settings

Bought a Pocketbook Era yesterday and so far I'm very happy with it. But I'm seeing some weird issues. I prefer showing page numbers, but it seems to forget my settings if the book crashes or the device restarts. It also randomly disabled page numbers while I was reading just now.

It also does not seem to remember settings across books. Sometimes it works, sometimes it forgets.

Using newest firmware version.

What is the normal behaviour? Are these settings applied individually, or should it be across all books?
Newreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 09:37 AM   #2
Xaenor
Enthusiast
Xaenor began at the beginning.

I have not faced these issues myself over the several months of use. Are you using the default reading app? You could try to install KOReader and see if it helps - it has all the settings you mentioned and is hassle-free.

Here is an installation guide just in case.
Xaenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2023, 10:13 AM   #3
Newreader
Newreader began at the beginning.

It got worse. Book crashing, device crashing, issues waking up (blank screen, missing icons).

Returned it for a new unit. Probably some defective parts which made the config corrupt or something.
Newreader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2023, 08:28 AM   #4
VulcanRidr
VulcanRidr began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Era Stardust Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newreader View Post
Bought a Pocketbook Era yesterday and so far I'm very happy with it. But I'm seeing some weird issues. I prefer showing page numbers, but it seems to forget my settings if the book crashes or the device restarts. It also randomly disabled page numbers while I was reading just now.

It also does not seem to remember settings across books. Sometimes it works, sometimes it forgets.

Using newest firmware version.

What is the normal behaviour? Are these settings applied individually, or should it be across all books?
I can confirm that this should be fixed in the latest beta of the pocketbook firmware, which is available from

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
I mentioned the page numbers disappearing in a different thread, and 6.8.2568 seems to fix it.

To upgrade the firmware for the Era, copy SWUPDATE.BIN from the zip file above to the root directory of your reader, connect to USB power, turn the device off, and, press and hold the power button, the page up and the page down buttons simultaneously, until the "Updating firmware" scree appears.

HtH,
--vr
VulcanRidr is offline   Reply With Quote