Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-25-2010, 11:50 AM   #1
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
ALL ABOUT COVERS!!! Welcome New Kindle Owners! Ask your Cover questions here!

I am sure we have many new Kindle owners in our midst and many of you are now searching for the perfect cover. Ask and share your covers here!

I have Oberon covers, but there are many different manufacturers out there.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kingdom.jpg
Views:	998
Size:	76.9 KB
ID:	63505   Click image for larger version

Name:	celtic.jpg
Views:	948
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	63506  
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:32 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
I am sure we have many new Kindle owners in our midst and many of you are now searching for the perfect cover. Ask and share your covers here!

I'm waiting for the "Wild Rose".......since my Gd's middle name is "Rose".........
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	wild rose.jpg
Views:	614
Size:	167.0 KB
ID:	63511   Click image for larger version

Name:	wild rose 2.jpg
Views:	585
Size:	96.5 KB
ID:	63512  
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2010, 12:42 PM   #3
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
Great holiday thread!

My criteria for a cover are simple but apparently difficult to find.

-actual Leather
-no storage pockets/cardholders/cupholders/ice cream dispensers. Just a cover.
-dark interior
-no flaps involved in the closure apparatus that stick out when open.
-non-hinge system

The Oberon is about as close as it seems to get. I can forgive the inside pocket since it's rather discrete. My other candidate is the yet to be released Octovo.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 12:49 PM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I went this stock lighted cover for my K3 but I did customize it with Avery labels sticker paper (sort of skinned it). I also bought some iron on transfer paper, which can't be used on leather but I may get a canvas cover for my K2 and use the transfer paper on it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	covers_after.jpg
Views:	963
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	63513   Click image for larger version

Name:	covers_before.jpg
Views:	782
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	63514  
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 01:09 PM   #5
Lordblacknail
Zealot
Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lordblacknail ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libre 2 Oasis Many Fires Galaxy Tab S7 Plus
you are a very naughty person, Kindlekitten. Instead of playing World of Warcraft with my honey, I have spent the last two hours trying to decide on a cover image and color on the oberon site. I think I have it down to the dragon or the dragonfly, but according to the site, the blue covers are subject to fading. These covers are just awsome.
Lordblacknail is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2010, 01:15 PM   #6
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordblacknail View Post
you are a very naughty person, Kindlekitten. Instead of playing World of Warcraft with my honey, I have spent the last two hours trying to decide on a cover image and color on the oberon site. I think I have it down to the dragon or the dragonfly, but according to the site, the blue covers are subject to fading. These covers are just awsome.
I've had the blue roof of heaven cover for over 2 years now. I haven't had any fading. it even spent the summer with a pre-teen!
Old 12-25-2010, 03:35 PM   #7
TheKindleWorm
Guru
TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.TheKindleWorm can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G, iPhone 3G, iPod 4G, PB 360, Sony 600 sold, Kindle 2i sold
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I went this stock lighted cover for my K3 but I did customize it with Avery labels sticker paper (sort of skinned it). I also bought some iron on transfer paper, which can't be used on leather but I may get a canvas cover for my K2 and use the transfer paper on it.
Very nice - I like it. Never thought to do that!
TheKindleWorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 05:05 PM   #8
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
I love Oberon covers. They are the most beautiful but I am too spoiled by my integrated reading light to change. I hope one day Oberon offers something simlilar. In the meantime, I do like the idea of sprucing up the lighted cover a bit.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 05:12 PM   #9
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvcherrybomb View Post
I love Oberon covers. They are the most beautiful but I am too spoiled by my integrated reading light to change. I hope one day Oberon offers something simlilar. In the meantime, I do like the idea of sprucing up the lighted cover a bit.
I like my Oberon more than I would want the internal light. but then again, I don't see a K3 in my future any time soon (I said that about the K2 as well)
Old 12-26-2010, 02:41 AM   #10
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress

bump for the morning crew
Old 12-26-2010, 03:01 AM   #11
Iridal
Mysteriarch
Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iridal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, Kindle 3
I have the blue Roof of Heaven cover for my future K3. I actually bought the cover first, and then I ordered a K3 . Also have the green dragonlfy pond cellphone sleeve for my iPhone.

Now I'm contemplating buying a small journal cover and adjusting it for my Sony 650.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Roof of Heaven.jpg
Views:	535
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	63541   Click image for larger version

Name:	Roof of heaven1.jpg
Views:	577
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	63542  
Iridal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 03:06 AM   #12
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Morning. Oberon artwork looks nice. Must admit that I really like the Amazon lighted cover. Gives me pease of mind to always have the light with me - just in case.
Merry Xmas to all
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 05:01 AM   #13
tomereader
Zealot
tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomereader ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ectaco JBL, Archos 5, 7, 70, Kindle DXG, Craig 7, Vizio Vtab
I was searching for a cover for my Ectaco JBL and started to save the links that I had found

I couldn't find anything for my JBL, but I sure found a lot of Kindle (and Sony, Nook, iPad and Kobo) case, cover, sleeve, skins links which if you want this to be a one stop reference list a Kindle user might like to see....

the original information was at: https://docs.google.com/document/pub...hoDiT6EWlUWDPU

One person reported trouble with the google link so I posted the info here at MR but in the JBL sub forums...

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...73#post1270973

But I broke the info down in sections and made an index:

eReader Cases, Covers or Sleeves
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...74&postcount=3

Online “stores” featuring ereader cases and accessories
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...75&postcount=4

Hand Made Covers/Cases
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...77&postcount=5

How to make your own Case (Kindle)
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...80&postcount=6

Ideas, comments from MobileRead and Ectaco JBL Forum Postings
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...82&postcount=7

Skins, Lap Desks, Stands, (and how to make stands) Reader Racks,
Tub Caddies, screen protectors and common ereader dimensions
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...83&postcount=8

Additions made after initial posting
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...4&postcount=13

Last edited by tomereader; 12-26-2010 at 05:05 AM.
tomereader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 05:22 AM   #14
Shazz
Shazz began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
Wow, thanks for the link, they have amazing stuff.
I want one. Actually there are three I want. :-D
Shazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 08:05 AM   #15
Zoya
Book Worm
Zoya began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Kindle cases - new brand

Hello book lovers,

We're making leather e-reader covers and at the moment setting up an online shop.
So I'd like to know if anybody would be interested in last generation Kindle covers (handmade by professional bookbinders, ) so that we decided on whether it makes sense to implement worldwide delivery (we're located in Russia). You can see examples attached.
I'd really appreciate your opinion

Merry Christmas and a good read to all

P.S. grey and white ones have elastic straps
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	745
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	63553   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	628
Size:	33.7 KB