Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 12-05-2017, 09:51 AM   #1486
willus
Fuzzball, the purple cat
willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.willus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2, iPad
Please post examples where you are getting a segfault--the source file and the exact command options you are using to convert it, and what page it happens on. I can fix that for the next release. Are you using v2.42? If a particular page is causing a segfault, you can use the -px option to avoid processing it, e.g. -px 10,20,34-35 will skip pages 10, 20, and 34-35 of the source file.

You need not split the pdf before running k2pdfopt. You can use the -p option to process specific page ranges. There are a number of programs that will join/merge PDFs without extra processing, e.g. cpdf is what I usually use--very fast. I don't know which ones are available for OSX, though.
willus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 12:24 PM   #1487
RikyRap
RikyRap began at the beginning.

Device: none
Sorry, I'm a new users of ebooks and I want to buy a new Kindle paperwhite 3, I see this incredible program k2pdfopt, that I want to use for my pdf on my kindle paperwhite 3, but I see that when I select paperwhite 3 in the menu of the program, automatically it selects Kindle Voyage and not Kindle paperwhite 3....Why? Perhaps because Vojage has the same resolution of paperwhite 3 or is there a problem in program?? Thanks for the program and the work.
RikyRap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:53 PM   #1488
MarjaE
Addict
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Iriver Story HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by willus View Post
Please post examples where you are getting a segfault--the source file and the exact command options you are using to convert it, and what page it happens on.
It was happening on different pages, but I had about 4 seg faults before 1 success on this pdf:

https://archive.org/details/tactics03balcgoog

I had already ocred in elucidate (tesseract), and then ran -mode copy -dev dx. For the last 3 times, I closed most other apps, aside from scrolling and break-scheduling software.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ebook apps, k5 tools, kindle tools, kindle touch, tools