Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-23-2017, 11:56 AM   #376
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Huawei MediaPad M5, LG V30, Boyue T80S, Nexus 7 LTE, K3 3G, Fire HD8
The Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 is $67.99 now.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Purple Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 02:07 PM   #377
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
And back on topic: who used the Instant Pot to help make dinner today?
I'll pressure-cook a turkey breast in mine. Maybe the potatoes for mashing, too.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 01:03 PM   #378
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Instant Pot Black Friday prices at Amazon.com:

Save up to 25% on Instant Pot Accessories (sealing rings, glass lids, inner pots, yogurt-maker cups, steamer basket, pans, lifter, mitt, etc.)

$49 - Instant Pot Duo Mini 3 Quart 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer

$81.99 - Instant Pot DUO80 8 Quart 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Lady View Post
The Instant Pot DUO60 6 Quart 7-in-1 is $67.99 now.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
The DUO60 6 Quart 7-in-1 model is currently $79.95, not as good as yesterday's price but still $20 off retail.

Last edited by DreamWriter; 11-24-2017 at 01:19 PM.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 02:57 PM   #379
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer
Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Purple Lady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
Instant Pot Black Friday prices at Amazon.com:

Save up to 25% on Instant Pot Accessories (sealing rings, glass lids, inner pots, yogurt-maker cups, steamer basket, pans, lifter, mitt, etc.)

$49 - Instant Pot Duo Mini 3 Quart 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer

$81.99 - Instant Pot DUO80 8 Quart 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer

The DUO60 6 Quart 7-in-1 model is currently $79.95, not as good as yesterday's price but still $20 off retail.
I'm glad I got mine when I posted this. I just looked and it's only available used now.
Old 11-27-2017, 03:14 AM   #380
Purple Lady
Grand Sorcerer

The Instant Pot DUO Plus 6 Qt 9-in-1 is on sale for $74.95.

https://smile.amazon.com/Instant-Pot...dp/B01NBKTPTS/
Old 11-28-2017, 12:03 PM   #381
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Bumping for when those that bought on Black Friday get theirs.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 03:30 PM   #382
TheMadBrewer
Connoisseur
TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.TheMadBrewer understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Kobo Aura Limited Edition, Kindle Voyager.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWriter View Post
I'll pressure-cook a turkey breast in mine. Maybe the potatoes for mashing, too.
Did exactly that for our Thanksgiving.

I'm not usually a big turkey fan but I like this. She Who Must Be Obeyed didn't -- I think it wasn't dried out enough for her She tends to like stuff overcooked

I think cooking the potatoes in the Instant Pot makes for better mashed than boiling them, but I couldn't describe exactly why.
TheMadBrewer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 05:41 PM   #383
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I picked up a wedding present yesterday, on Cyber Monday. The normally $119 6 quart Duo Plus was on sale for $75 ish. I had been waiting for the Plus to go on sale, since I like the reconfigured "Delay Time" button, which is more clear.
Now, if only they would actually schedule this wedding! (And no, I don't mean Prince Harry and Meaghan .... )
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 06:18 PM   #384
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I picked up a wedding present yesterday, on Cyber Monday. The normally $119 6 quart Duo Plus was on sale for $75 ish. I had been waiting for the Plus to go on sale, since I like the reconfigured "Delay Time" button, which is more clear.
Now, if only they would actually schedule this wedding! (And no, I don't mean Prince Harry and Meaghan .... )
Are you MOB or MOG?
Old 11-29-2017, 04:28 PM   #385
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Aunt OB. Got no kids of my own.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:02 PM   #386
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
Aunt OB. Got no kids of my own.
You sounded like a parent at that moment. You are a great aunt.
Old 11-29-2017, 05:44 PM   #387
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
You sounded like a parent at that moment. You are a great aunt.
Thanks. As the "off beat single aunt" I spend more than others can, sometimes. Except parents, I suppose.
Old 12-11-2017, 02:17 PM   #388
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Instant pot duo +

I just bought an Instant pot Duo+ 6 quart.
Should steam come out of the pressure release valve when it is on high pressure? No steam comes out on low pressure.
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 03:55 PM   #389
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer

It will steam for 1 minute or two, after the button is UP but before it has actually reached the full pressure. It shouldn't steam during the cooking time period. You might ask on the Instant Pot Facebook page (for the branded Pot, not just any pressure cooker). And/or phone the manufacturer. I've heard they are quite helpful.
Old 12-12-2017, 07:30 AM   #390
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Perfectly normal for steam to escape as it comes to pressure afterward not normal.

Sent from my Nexus 7
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote