Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-02-2017, 08:00 AM   #1
alexla
alexla will become famous soon enoughalexla will become famous soon enoughalexla will become famous soon enoughalexla will become famous soon enoughalexla will become famous soon enoughalexla will become famous soon enough

Device: JD Read Venus
JD Read Venus - How to install Android Apps

I got the JD Read Venus (https://item.jd.com/4176017.html)

Does anyone know how I can install Android apps on it? Preferably via Google Play store. I had hoped to install Pleco and Safari Queue. I hope those work on Android 4.4.2 which JD Read Venus apparently has.

Also, officially it seems to only support Chinese, is there any 'hack' to add English to it?
alexla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 06:55 PM   #2
downeaster59
Wizard
downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.downeaster59 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini 6, Onyx Leaf 2, Onyx Tab Mini C, Nook Glowlight 4 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexla View Post
I got the JD Read Venus (https://item.jd.com/4176017.html)

Does anyone know how I can install Android apps on it? Preferably via Google Play store. I had hoped to install Pleco and Safari Queue. I hope those work on Android 4.4.2 which JD Read Venus apparently has.

Also, officially it seems to only support Chinese, is there any 'hack' to add English to it?
Banggood will be selling a Venus that seems to support English:
https://www.banggood.com/Boyue-T65s-...r_warehouse=CN

I wonder where they got a firmware with multi-language support?
downeaster59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2018, 10:43 PM   #3
W0lf
W0lf began at the beginning.

Device: Boyue T65 JDREAD Venus 512M+8G
The device firmware is multi-language. I got this JDRead.
W0lf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 12:32 PM   #4
Epipodius
Epipodius began at the beginning.

Device: JDRead Venus / Boyue T65
Hey W0lf, are you saying that with the firmware update, you can switch the menus to english? I have the same device as you and upgraded the firmware, but still cannot switch the system english. Can you tell me how you did so?

Thanks
Epipodius is offline   Reply With Quote