Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-18-2017, 05:59 PM   #1
lucthomas
lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Glo HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Sony T3
Kobo Store - 50% off

Hi everyone,

I would like to share a new promotion from Kobo.

50% off code - KOBORTP2 valid from Now until the end of April (TW local time GMT+8)

I tested the promo code, seems like the you will be able to use it with the entire kobo store but books won't apply this code if the value is over $1,000 TWD (about $33 USD). I just purchased 98 books with this code. It works!!

All you have to do is switch your kobo billing address to Taiwan, then you will be able to apply Kobo taiwan coupon to the entire kobo website.

You will need to save your credit card to payment information first before you start purchase any books. I did it without saving it first, then I had error during checkout.

Usually Kobo coupon can only apply for "selected books", however, with this method, you will be able to use coupon without any limit.

https://www.kobo.com/tw/zh

For Taiwanese address, I just input a hotel address from Taipei. But I am still able to check out with my US credit card.

Enjoy!
lucthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:35 PM   #2
julesy
hedgehogs love to read
julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.julesy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 3, Kobo H2O, Samsung Galaxy Tab A7
I know you suggested this exact same thing in your other thread, however, it just would not work for me. It kept saying "invalid credit card" or something like that (don't remember the exact wording). I tried using VISA and MasterCard with the same results. Funny how it works for some but not others.
julesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:04 AM   #3
tamborine
Connoisseur
tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tamborine ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Aura One, Kindle Fire HD
It didn't work for me either. The code took 50% off, but then when I tried to complete the purchase I got:

"Cannot continue.
We can't complete your transaction. Please review or update your payment details and try again."
tamborine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 04:24 PM   #4
MickiTee
Guru
MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickiTee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook TL3, TL4, TL5
There is a long running thread for vouchers, coupons & codes from Kobo which can be found here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=115233. Come & join in.
MickiTee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 05:00 AM   #5
lucthomas
lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lucthomas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It seems very odd for some of you cannot purchase with credit cards. Mine was working ok. You might contact Kobo for support. I did once, and the Kobo Taiwan store agents do communicate with English.
Old 04-25-2017, 06:41 PM   #6
GtrsRGr8
Grand Sorcerer
GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GtrsRGr8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle; Kindle (10.1.1) for PC; Kindle Cloud Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by julesy View Post
I know you suggested this exact same thing in your other thread, however, it just would not work for me. It kept saying "invalid credit card" or something like that (don't remember the exact wording). I tried using VISA and MasterCard with the same results. Funny how it works for some but not others.
Julesy, I have the same problem at stores here in the U.S. When I try to use my credit card, I get "over credit limit," "credit card cancelled," "credit card not in force," all kinds of things like that.
<----winking

Welcome to posting on MobileRead. Sending you some karma to get you started, and to show you how it works.

And, I think that you should know, not everyone is as crazy as me on MobileRead; just most of us.
GtrsRGr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 11:50 AM   #7
peachiekene
Fanatic
peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura one, htc 10, kobo glo hd
I'm in the US and it let me use paypal with no issues. (I do not keep a credit card on file with them.)

Thanks, lucthomas!
peachiekene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 12:28 PM   #8
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I've worked for me with paypal from Spain, thank you.
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2017, 07:43 PM   #9
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
It worked for me using Paypal in the US
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 07:38 PM   #10
gojisube
Enthusiast
gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gojisube ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus 7" tablet; Dead Onyx Boox C67ML
Yes! This time I was able to use PayPal and my "new" Taiwanese mailing address, so I didn't have to freak my credit card company out.
gojisube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 07:48 PM   #11
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachiekene View Post
I'm in the US and it let me use paypal with no issues. (I do not keep a credit card on file with them.)

Thanks, lucthomas!
How did you use PayPal? There is no such option for me when I get to the payment screen.... I did remove my credit card info in the account.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:09 PM   #12
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
How did you use PayPal? There is no such option for me when I get to the payment screen.... I did remove my credit card info in the account.
I see a PayPal icon right next to the credit card icons (it looks like another CC icon) on the payment/checkout screen.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 01:09 AM   #13
lucthomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cdesja5 View Post
I guess you might save your payment info on Kobo. So you won't see paypal show up. You can select "Change" under Payment details. Paypal should show up as an option.