Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-26-2017, 10:17 AM   #1066
Inukami
Zealot
Inukami began at the beginning.

Device: Mac Pro 2013 & Mini 2018, iPad Mini 4, iPhone 11, iBooks, K4Mac/PC
I would greatly appreciate it if someone could please add support to download metadata from the Australian Amazon?

The Amazon.com Multiple Countries plugin currently supports the following countries:
  • Brazil
  • Canada
  • China
  • France
  • Germany
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Netherlands
  • Spain
  • UK
  • US

I would like to add Australia to that list.

Inukami
Inukami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 05:17 AM   #1067
Gary_M_Mugford
Groupie
Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Gary_M_Mugford has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo, Kindle3
Well, how about a utility to help DOCUMENT ...

I have a readers group that must be parceled out some of these, a few of those and a quantity of them. Whatever these, those and them are. Now, when I started, it was easy to keep track of their quirks. Sadly, several libraries later, I have discovered that I need to pass along User selection preferences from one library to the next.

I added some authors to one library's version of reader X's wants but forgot to add the author to another library that cross-pollinates because the author publishes outside her lane on occasion. Things fall through the cracks this way. Now, I'd LOVE to sidle up in to the user maintenance and just copy the big string over to a text file of common preferences and then paste it in another library (like I do searches). But that doesn't work for user maintenance. Obviously, there's a BIT of an issue with asking to include author XYZ if XYZ is NEVER going to end up in the library. I would gather that would create search issues in that library with the never-was author. Same with tags or any other field to be used in the maintenance. So, I understand WHY there would be pitfalls with this.

But a smart, under-busy person with a compulsive disorder to help, might be able to allow easy copy, and then a smart paste that looks before adding a particular something (author, tag, etc). THEN, in v1.1, the same-said smart person would be able to include an active conduit to allow active monitoring of changes and allow for it to periodically check to see if it/he/she/they etc. could NOW be added as per the commonality desire. Absolutely automated updating, leaving old feebly-minded me without a care in the world. Sigh.

And ANY OTHER DOCUMENTING that can be done would probably be pretty good. And welcome. Especially if there's an ability to bring settings OTHER than database design over from one place to the next. Easily.

I say this, knowing SOMEBODY is about to point out something I have missed in the plethora of update notes since I was last a contributing busy-body here. That's okay, enjoy your good time at my ... can't really say misfortune now, can I?

Best of the holiday season to all. GM
Gary_M_Mugford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:16 AM   #1068
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divingduck View Post
Why will you delete this file from an ebook? It provide the page reference for the print version. There is nothing wrong with this file within ebooks.
But you save a few hundred bytes of storage so you can fit even more titles upon your device than you will ever get a chance to read

theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 11:26 AM   #1069
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
+1.
(maybe he got a wrong advice regarding Adobe ...)
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 02:00 PM   #1070
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Remember a file is stored in chunks that are multiples of the cluster size. There is no guarantee that removing this file will be sufficient to save the use of that last cluster.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 04:22 PM   #1071
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Perhaps deback is a Benthamite and looks to declutter his epub files of all dross that is extraneous to his wishes - as I do.

Please let's not turn this forum into a place where belittlement is de rigueur. if that's what floats your boat try the full of hobgoblins and foul fiends places where disparagement is mandatory

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2017, 10:52 PM   #1072
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Click and drag plugins around and off the GUI

I really just want to be able to click and drag the choices along the toolbar without having to go through the hassle of preferences, or shuffle the context menu around when I get tired of accidentally hitting the copy/move to when I want to edit metadata.

It sucks that I have to use the preferences and guess how it's going to look but only to find out that I don't like it, or it isn't as ergonomic as I liked. Or worse the hassle of adding a plugin that I end up not needing but have to go through the hassle of the removing it from the add plugin feature. I want to drag it off screen, and have the system restart with the plugin gone....or...simply put back where plugins sit while waiting to be back into rotation.

Visions of clicking and dragging my choices around the gui to get them just right, but still be able to hide or show choices at the click of a button that gets the whole menu "loose" so I can move them around, click back and it sets them.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 07:09 AM   #1073
Nicolas F
Groupie
Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Nicolas F once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inukami View Post
I would greatly appreciate it if someone could please add support to download metadata from the Australian Amazon?

The Amazon.com Multiple Countries plugin currently supports the following countries:
  • Brazil
  • Canada
  • China
  • France
  • Germany
  • Italy
  • Japan
  • Netherlands
  • Spain
  • UK
  • US

I would like to add Australia to that list.

Inukami
You should probably ask for Calibre to add support to amazon.com.au to the builtin amazon plugin.
Look at https://calibre-ebook.com/bugs to add an enhancement request.
Nicolas F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:22 AM   #1074
wolfskies
wolfskies began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color & Android Tablet & Windows 11 PC
Question Search and Replace for Metadata

I am not sure if this has been talked about. I tried to search for the phrases and didn't come up with anything.

Idea: Search and Replace for Title, Author, and Series
Reason: I seem to have a lot of books that have things like a ; instead of a & sign for multiple authors.

I would love to be able to do a search and replace for these instead of having to do it individually. Some I can do the bulk rename for, but most are single books by different sets of authors.
wolfskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 11:28 AM   #1075
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
That's already a built-in Calibre feature.

Select the books you want to edit metadata for, then 'Edit meta information' ('e' key usually) and click the 'Search and replace' tab.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 09:48 PM   #1076
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Import via ASIN

A plugin that would allow Calibre to create empty book files with metadata and covers from a list of ASIN's would be great. Kindle Sync has an XML file left on my computer that has every book purchased or loaned along with the dates of purchase. However the only identifier beyond the title and author is the ASIN numbers.

If someone wanted to create an "empty library" filled with the books purchased from Amazon and have the covers be shown it would be great to be able to use that list to import. Having an empty library with the "proper" titles is invaluable when trying to import various files (such as Goodreads).

Just a suggestion.
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 06:13 AM   #1077
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellwood View Post
Just a suggestion.
Moderator Notice
Then why not put it in the plugin idea's thread - this is the third time you've done this, next time I won't do it for you, I'll delete the thread and tell you to repost.

BR
Old 12-28-2017, 08:09 AM   #1078
Terkosh
Terkosh began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle D01100
Automated periodic download for ebook series subscriptions

I have a subscription for the ebook serie Perry Rhodan at beam-ebooks and each week the same procedure as last week:
Click on "buy books" -> beam,
Enter my email adress,
Enter my password,
Click on MyLibrary
Click on Download latest perry.

This could be autmated.
May be as a recording at the first time and then replay.

Isn't this a good idea for a plugin. Not only for this special but a common recording for periodic actions at calibre?
Terkosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 03:22 PM   #1079
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

@Terkosh - plugins are most often developed by the person with the need/want.

Calibre does not have a built-in facility that can create 'macros' by 'recording' actions. If you used something like AHK or PTFB then you might be able to use the Job Spy plugin's Select & Open Arbitrary Programs and Files feature to better integrate the script into calibre.

BR
Old 12-29-2017, 04:28 AM   #1080
Divingduck
Wizard
Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Divingduck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terkosh View Post
This could be autmated.
May be as a recording at the first time and then replay.
There are several programs that can do this job for you. Take a look on programs like AutoHotkey, UiPath or WinAutomation.
Divingduck is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chatbot, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, metadata calibre title, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development