Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 04-19-2010, 09:38 AM   #1
ccowie
Hiding with an ereader
ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS 950, Ipad 2, PRS 350
Pagination frustration

I've begun to borrow ebooks from the Library, which come in Epub format. Adobe Digital Editions is used to download the book and then to put in on my Sony 505. Unfortunately the pagination is a mess.
The other problem is that I can't add any tags. The only way to find the book is alphabetically, which I really hate.
Is there any way that I can add these ebooks to Calibre, convert them to LRF, add tags and have them paginate properly in my reader?
ccowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:02 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Not legal ways
Methods are in another forum though on mobiread
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2010, 08:39 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccowie View Post
I've begun to borrow ebooks from the Library, which come in Epub format. Adobe Digital Editions is used to download the book and then to put in on my Sony 505. Unfortunately the pagination is a mess.
The other problem is that I can't add any tags. The only way to find the book is alphabetically, which I really hate.
Is there any way that I can add these ebooks to Calibre, convert them to LRF, add tags and have them paginate properly in my reader?
You can add tags using Calibre. Find the epub file and add it to Calibre then add tags so your epub is included in the right collections on your reader.

You can't convert them without stripping the DRM, not legal in the USA.

The pagination is not messed, up it is by design. ADE Epubs mark a new page every 1024 bytes. This is consistent across all ereaders and all font sizes using ADE.

It means that to go from one page to another I might have to flip through 9 screens on a larger font size or 2-3 screens on a smaller font size, but what is on page 49 for you and me on our 505s will be the same info.

Good Luck!
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:29 AM   #4
ccowie
Hiding with an ereader
ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ccowie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony PRS 950, Ipad 2, PRS 350
Thanks for this.
Let me just get this right:

I add the Epub file to Calibre
Then add tags
then add it back to ADE
then upload to my 505 and the tags will work

Thanks for the pagination explanation. I know it's a little neurotic, but I really detest a page number that looks like "15-16." I'll learn to live with it.
ccowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 07:00 PM   #5
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccowie View Post
Let me just get this right:

I add the Epub file to Calibre
Then add tags
then add it back to ADE
then upload to my 505 and the tags will work
I don't know the answer to this. I transfer all my files to my device using Calibre. I have no first hand knowledge with ADE beyond grabbing the epub and adding it to Calibre. Once I transfer a purchased book to Calibre I have no need to send it back to ADE.

If I started using the local library to checkout ebooks I suspect my knowledge of ADE will increase.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert