Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > EPUBReader

Notices

Old 12-01-2009, 12:14 PM   #1
readx
Connoisseur
readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Device: Cybook Gen3
feature request - OPDS support

This is a feature request I have not seen within any old threat.
May be it's possible to add OPDS support (e.g. for feedbook) to the library.
In my book this would make a nice feature.
readx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:42 PM   #2
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by readx View Post
This is a feature request I have not seen within any old threat.
May be it's possible to add OPDS support (e.g. for feedbook) to the library.
In my book this would make a nice feature.
today you can browse feedbooks (not feedbook which is a different place) and click to read any of the ePUBs that are present. What feature of OPDS would you think EPUBReader should support? RSS feeds are a totally different thing IMHO.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-01-2009, 02:33 PM   #3
readx
Connoisseur
readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.readx 's ceiling is 100% spider-free.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
today you can browse feedbooks (not feedbook which is a different place) and click to read any of the ePUBs that are present. What feature of OPDS would you think EPUBReader should support? RSS feeds are a totally different thing IMHO.

Dale
To be a little more specific on my request.
It would be nice if EPUBReader could "access a catalog (list of online sources of content). Typically, the catalog offers a number of free titles, which may be hosted by the Reading System vendor and/or other sites."(quote taken from the specs)
If more than one catalog is loaded (feedbooks (sorry for the misspelling) and project gutenberg for excample) you would be able to see if title ABC is avaliable at either site.
And maybe in a later version you could even add a search function.
readx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 09:06 AM   #4
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by readx View Post
To be a little more specific on my request.
It would be nice if EPUBReader could "access a catalog (list of online sources of content). Typically, the catalog offers a number of free titles, which may be hosted by the Reading System vendor and/or other sites."(quote taken from the specs)
If more than one catalog is loaded (feedbooks (sorry for the misspelling) and project gutenberg for excample) you would be able to see if title ABC is avaliable at either site.
And maybe in a later version you could even add a search function.
Thanks for your feedback readx! This is an interesting idea, I'll think about it.
mikelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:03 PM   #5
mikelv
Developer of EPUBReader
mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.mikelv once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: none
Thanks for your feedback concering OPDS josepinto! As we discussed this topic already before, I've closed your thread.

As this was requested several times now, I'll put it on the change list .
mikelv is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert