Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 06-12-2017, 06:31 AM   #31
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
You can challenge it if you like! ...
Did this change recently (challenging MR policies)? I thought it was in the guidelines that you weren't supposed to comment on MR policies? I just did a quick read of the quide lines, and I don't see anything (other than discussing why someone in particular was banned).
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 06:37 AM   #32
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Did this change recently (challenging MR policies)? I thought it was in the guidelines that you weren't supposed to comment on MR policies? I just did a quick read of the quide lines, and I don't see anything (other than discussing why someone in particular was banned).
What I meant was that people are welcome to discuss the ethical and legal issues involved in stripping DRM from library books, if they'd like.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2017, 06:44 AM   #33
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
What I meant was that people are welcome to discuss the ethical and legal issues involved in stripping DRM from library books, if they'd like.
Sure.

But I thought that there was something in the guidelines about not discussing MR policies/decisions? After reading the guidelines, I don't see anything. Was there a policy change, or is my aging brain playing tricks on me again?
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 10:40 AM   #34
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
Sure.

But I thought that there was something in the guidelines about not discussing MR policies/decisions? After reading the guidelines, I don't see anything. Was there a policy change, or is my aging brain playing tricks on me again?
You are thinking of this paragraph from the Guidelines:

Quote:
Similarly, discussions or questions about the actions of the Moderating Team are not permitted on open forum. Moderation actions are confidential between the team and the member in question. If you have any questions about an action, please address them to the team or other member by Private Message.
Moderator decisions are not to be questioned or discussed on the open forum, but you are welcome to question policy. The Feedback Forum is the place for such posts. As right now.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2017, 11:40 AM   #35
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
MR policy (which was tweaked recently) is that we assume that those who strip DRM from OverDrive books for their reading convenience, format-shifting for example, have no intention of keeping/stealing/sharing/uploading/selling the books and that they delete them in a timely manner. As such, we have no issue with people referring to it.
I missed that change, but I actually welcome it. Living in a country that does NOT work with Amazon library lending, but only has ePUBs available, I use format shifting to read books from my Provincial Library. (And I _did_ pay for them, with my taxes, thank you.)

Obviously, to any who know me, I do not support any form of piracy whatsoever. Especially since I earned the vast majority of my income over the last 20 years as an author!
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-12-2017, 12:41 PM   #36
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
MR policy (which was tweaked recently) is that we assume that those who strip DRM from OverDrive books for their reading convenience, format-shifting for example, have no intention of keeping/stealing/sharing/uploading/selling the books and that they delete them in a timely manner. As such, we have no issue with people referring to it.
I missed this change too. Hence, why I put my foot in my mouth the other day.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote