Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-10-2016, 05:25 PM   #1381
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yolina View Post
Does the tuna have a usb port? If not, it's pointless getting it on its own.
It has bluefin

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 05:27 PM   #1382
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
I am very confused.

But then I did just finish streaming the eurovision semi final.

I expect at some point they'll sell the covers separately. For those that want an extra battery for their oasis. Is it possible for someone to create a charger for the cover? I am not very technical so not sure how or what is needed there. But it seems interesting.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2016, 05:39 PM   #1383
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
I am very confused.
Ahhh -- a tuna right there! (sorry .... )

Quote:
I expect at some point they'll sell the covers separately. For those that want an extra battery for their oasis. Is it possible for someone to create a charger for the cover? I am not very technical so not sure how or what is needed there. But it seems interesting.
Another thread mentioned that, when you return an Oasis for bad screen, etc, they only replace the Oasis. They don't send you a new cover (or cable). So I suspect you may be right ... they'll sell them separately some day. So one can get a spare battery ... or a differently colored cover.

Technically -- it should be dead simple to develop a separate charger. The connector isn't difficult. Some of the charging equipment may be in the Oasis, but it could probably be replicated, if that is so. IMHO.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 05:51 PM   #1384
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
remember, not all things are the same for all people. While you can tune a guitar you cannot tuna fish.

Dale
LOL... back to the tuna jokes

Which fish is made up of only two sodium atoms?

Spoiler:
2Na

A tuna swims into the bosses office and the boss says: "sorry Charlie, but I have to can you"

Last edited by tubemonkey; 05-10-2016 at 06:12 PM. Reason: added another joke
Old 05-10-2016, 05:54 PM   #1385
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkmiller View Post
($14 for the Kindle Touch and cover....sweet!)
I was happy (this is where I bought my 3G Touch for $15). I'm more or less a "trailing edge" (cheap) kind of customer anyhow. But Touches are coming down all over. You can even buy one (used) for $23 on Amazon Prime now (directly from the Amazon WarehouseDeals). With the Constantia font it's about the perfect eReader for me.

But I still want to see -- and handle -- an Oasis. I like the weight and design -- at least going by what I've seen of it on the Internet.

(I hear its CPU is made of tuna.)
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-10-2016, 06:32 PM   #1386
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
I am very confused.

But then I did just finish streaming the eurovision semi final.

I'm trying to come up with the crossword clue: MR member, gratified eating fish?
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 06:35 PM   #1387
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I'm trying to come up with the crossword clue: MR member, gratified eating fish?
Ah...
Old 05-10-2016, 06:37 PM   #1388
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Not helping
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:14 PM   #1389
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Why has it?
It's tuna. You've got to insert tuna in a thread like this. You might as well as why build bypasses.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:45 PM   #1390
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
It's tuna. You've got to insert tuna in a thread like this. You might as well as why build bypasses.
I thought it was bacon that cured all ills and had to be added everywhere. Not tuna!!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 08:56 PM   #1391
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I thought it was bacon that cured all ills and had to be added everywhere. Not tuna!!
We like to be inclusive of our pescatarian members.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 09:05 PM   #1392
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
...clever, clever
Old 05-23-2016, 10:46 AM   #1393
mbovenka
Wizard
mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbovenka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Mtn.Man View Post
That price.
Oh well, my Cybook Gen3 was €405,= (reader, cover & shipping) back in 2007. That was north of $500,= back then.

And worth every cent it was, too.
mbovenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 05:43 PM   #1394
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Well, when e-Readers where new items they were all expensive. The price complaints stem from the fact that prices, like on most computer related items, has come down over the years. An Amazon Fire is now available, with color screen and more storage and better CPU, for $50. In that perspective sticker price for an Oasis seems a bit exorbitant. But Amazon is becoming a more share holder friendly company, so the days of buying market share with products at near cost process may soon be gone.

Twitter is to communications as haiku is to literature.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote