Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-08-2013, 06:52 AM   #1
geekyworld
Enthusiast
geekyworld knows the complete value of PI to the endgeekyworld knows the complete value of PI to the endgeekyworld knows the complete value of PI to the endgeekyworld knows the complete value of PI to the endgeekyworld knows the complete value of PI to the endgeekyworld knows the complete value of PI to the endgeekyworld knows the complete value of PI to the endgeekyworld knows the complete value of PI to the endgeekyworld knows the complete value of PI to the endgeekyworld knows the complete value of PI to the endgeekyworld knows the complete value of PI to the end

Device: kindle
Turn Off Shortcut? (K4 NT)

I like to turn off my K4 NT at bedtime. For this I have to keep the power button pressed for 7 seconds. The LED flashes thrice and the screen goes blank.

Is it possible to add a new menu item or a button shortcut that accomplishes the same thing right away?

Something like - press Menu button > Turn off

Or maybe assign a new button shortcut like Back + Home = Shutdown?

Thanks.
geekyworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 09:21 AM   #2
Arhim
Enthusiast
Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
your are not Turn Off Kindle - it sleep in suspend mode
- try my KUAL`s TURN OFF BUTTON

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=211677
Arhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-08-2013, 12:03 PM   #3
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Yeah I sent him that info arhim
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 03:19 AM   #4
geekyworld
Enthusiast
geekyworld knows the complete value of PI to the endgeekyworld knows the complete value of PI to the endgeekyworld knows the complete value of PI to the endgeekyworld knows the complete value of PI to the endgeekyworld knows the complete value of PI to the endgeekyworld knows the complete value of PI to the endgeekyworld knows the complete value of PI to the endgeekyworld knows the complete value of PI to the endgeekyworld knows the complete value of PI to the endgeekyworld knows the complete value of PI to the endgeekyworld knows the complete value of PI to the end

Thanks a lot Arhim and twobob for your help.
Old 05-14-2013, 09:54 AM   #5
geekyworld
Enthusiast

Besides turn off I also want to have a menu item for sleep mode.

I tried modifying Arhim's Kual based turn off button to run this command:

rtcwake -s 1

but it does not seem to be working.

What is the shell command for sleep mode in K4NT?
Advert
Old 05-14-2013, 11:38 AM   #6
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

powerd_test -h maybe?

or maybe -p I forget...

Quote:
powerd_test: Utility to test powerd
Options:
s : Print status
i : Simulate input event
p : Simulate power button pressed event
h : Simulate power button held event
l : Simulate low batt low event
d <value> : Set defer sleep property to given value
r : Simulate a random series of events at random intervals.
Max interval is 10s by default.
b<optional>: Set fake battery level if a value is provided. Remember to
there is no space between b and value. If no value is
provided, it interactively accepts values from you and sets
fake battery level
t <value> : Max interval between events in seconds.
Valid only when used with -r
NOTE : Only one of i,p,d, b and r can be used at one time
Old 05-15-2013, 02:45 AM   #7
geekyworld
Enthusiast

I could not find the powerd_test command on K4NT.

In some Linuxs "pmi action suspend" or "pm-suspend" work, but these commands also are not present on K4NT.

Still, there must be some way...
Old 05-15-2013, 03:23 AM   #8
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekyworld View Post

In some Linuxs "pmi action suspend" or "pm-suspend" work, but these commands also are not present on K4NT.

check your /sys tree for things related to "power control".
notice the permissions - some you can write to -
of those, read from them first to see what values they accept.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:32 AM   #9
twobob

Quote:

Gah really?

I'll have a poke around in there then today. *makes list*
Old 05-15-2013, 07:15 AM   #10
twobob

No... It really is on there.

I just checked a kindle 4.

/usr/bin/powerd_test
Old 05-15-2013, 07:57 AM   #11
Arhim
Enthusiast
Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Arhim can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...46#post2495346

i added sleep.zip with sleep mode

Last edited by Arhim; 05-15-2013 at 08:05 AM.
Arhim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:20 AM   #12
geekyworld
Enthusiast

Thanks for your efforts twobob, knc1 and Arhim, but the powerd_test command is simply not available on my K4NT with ads. It could be because it is not registered or maybe because it is with ads or FW 4.11...

If I find a solution I'll post it here.

Thanks.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #13
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Thanks for your efforts twobob, knc1 and Arhim, but the powerd_test command is simply not available on my K4NT with ads. It could be because it is not registered or maybe because it is with ads or FW 4.11...

If I find a solution I'll post it here.

Thanks.
Suspend to RAM works just fine -
That leaves hardly anything other than the RAM refresh running.

Code:
[root@kindle root]# cd /sys/power
[root@kindle power]# ls -l state
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root          4096 May  4 09:28 state
[root@kindle power]# cat state
standby mem
[root@kindle power]# echo mem >state

telnet> quit
Connection closed.
Use the "dmesg -> doc" helper button before (to clear the kernel message buffer) and after the resume (to see what happens).

RAM and battery manager chip still runs, it will continue to charge as required.

According to my dmesg - it takes it 273 ms. to resume from "suspend to ram".

Let me know when you get Win7 or Win8 to resume in less than 1/2 a second.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote