Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-17-2017, 06:59 PM   #1
patrouella
patrouella began at the beginning.

Device: none
Stuck at 0% when adding books from Kindle

I have the updated version of Calibre (32bit) on Windows 10. I can add epubs and pdfs perfectly, but when adding Kindle books (.azw4), it's stuck at 0%. I was just adding one book (100mb), and it's been an hour, and it still has no progress.

Can someone help me?
patrouella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 08:46 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrouella View Post
I have the updated version of Calibre (32bit) on Windows 10. I can add epubs and pdfs perfectly, but when adding Kindle books (.azw4), it's stuck at 0%. I was just adding one book (100mb), and it's been an hour, and it still has no progress.

Can someone help me?
If Preferences->Add books->Adding actions->Automatically convert added books to the current output format is checked, try unchecking it. And then add the AZW4 and try to convert to 'preferred output format' manually.

Conversions can take a looooong time - IIRC in one case almost 2 days!

My understanding is the most AZW4's are textbooks and they aren't much more than than a PDF in Amazon wrapping. So, you might be running into the issues covered in this Conversions sub-forum advisory thread ==>> Read this before Posting PDF Questions

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre