Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-31-2021, 08:34 AM   #16
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Sigil crashing on Linux is not at all normal. I've built and tested it on a multitude of distros: Arch, Debian (including Ubuntu and all its derivitives), PCLOS, OpenSuse, etc...

Happy to get a virtual MX Linux machine provisioned for testing. I'm guessing it's one of the many Qt bugs in those early Qt5.12.x releases that we patched for our other supported platforms. MX appears to be at least partially based on Debian Stable which is using Qt5.12.2, I believe.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 10-31-2021 at 09:58 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2021, 09:46 AM   #17
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
BTW in Sigil you do highlight the text you want in the list and Sigil creates the list from it. If all you want is a list template that you fill in instead, use Sigil "clips" to insert whatever you want.

You can set up Clips with any code snippets that you use frequently. And Clips can also be used to wrap code around highlighted text.

Last edited by KevinH; 10-31-2021 at 09:49 AM.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-14-2021, 11:49 PM   #18
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Device: none
I hope it's ok to post here about observations concerning the current version.

One thing, I usually always restructure to Sigil Norm, as I use other editors such as BBEdit, and the structure helps me more easily find files and edit. It seems that if one has already performed such, and forgot, then runs the command again, maybe there could some check such that if it is unneeded, one is prompted and it isn't redone? That would be nice someday if possible. Alternatively (or in addition if not there), is there anyway to tell if files are not structured as such?
democrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 01:08 AM   #19
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by democrite View Post
[...] is there anyway to tell if files are not structured as such?
It's already on KevinH's to-do list:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
For those interested ...

Here is a list of possible To-Do items for future Sigil releases.

Under consideration for future Sigil releases

[...]
- Add Indicator in Status Bar if epub in old Sigil "Standard Format"
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 01:22 AM   #20
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by democrite View Post
I hope it's ok to post here about observations concerning the current version.

One thing, I usually always restructure to Sigil Norm, as I use other editors such as BBEdit, and the structure helps me more easily find files and edit. It seems that if one has already performed such, and forgot, then runs the command again, maybe there could some check such that if it is unneeded, one is prompted and it isn't redone? That would be nice someday if possible. Alternatively (or in addition if not there), is there anyway to tell if files are not structured as such?
In Preferences on the Appearance => Main UI tab, if you select the BookBrowser should show full paths, you will see the file paths which makes it relatively easy to tell if the epub structure matches Sigil Norm.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-15-2021, 02:28 AM   #21
democrite
Evangelist
democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.democrite will give the Devil his due.

Device: none
Great. Thank you Doitsu and DNSB.
democrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 01:21 PM   #22
PapaKilo
Connoisseur
PapaKilo began at the beginning.

Device: Android, kindle
Sigil 1.80 Functional anomaly:

Running Win 10.

Find and replace:

If Regex is turned on and I do a search, when I find the searched for item I cannot do a replace unless I search twice. The replace button does nothing until I do another replace.

If regex is turned off this behavior does not appear.

Am I doing something incorrect or have a new setting set incorrectly?
PapaKilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 01:23 PM   #23
PapaKilo
Connoisseur
PapaKilo began at the beginning.

Device: Android, kindle
Oops I got that wrong!
I meant to write:

The replace button does nothing until I do another search.
PapaKilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 02:29 PM   #24
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That is strange. Perhaps someone else who uses Windows and Sigil 1.8.0 can test that and report back. I am not seeing this on any recent build on macOS. But there are lots of changes related to search in master so it is hard for me to tell.
Old 12-16-2021, 02:39 PM   #25
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Using Windows 11 and Sigil 1.8.0, I do not see that issue. Once I clicked Find and found the search target, I could click Replace and replace the search target with the replacement string.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 02:48 PM   #26
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Using Windows 11 and Sigil 1.8.0, I do not see that issue. Once I clicked Find and found the search target, I could click Replace and replace the search target with the replacement string.
Thank you for reporting back. So this must be either epub or system specific issues.
Old 12-16-2021, 03:02 PM   #27
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I can't make it happen either (Windows 10). Doesn't mean it's not there, though. There's tons of things that could be needed to duplicate it.

What are ALL of the search parameters that are set, for instance?
Does it only happen the first time after Sigil is launched? The first time after an epub is opened?
Old 12-16-2021, 09:21 PM   #28
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
I’ve seen something similar - for many versions now - but I think it has to do with the focus. I can do a find, but if I click the mouse somewhere else then the highlighted (found) text stays highlighted but the color changes from the bright blue of an active search to a different color (sorry I don’t remember the different color - I’ll check when I get to my computer) and the replace does not work.
If I then click in the CV area and run the find again it’ll give the blue highlighting and will perform the replace.

That’s a long way of saying when I click somewhere else (not in the CV window) the focus changes to the other location but the highlight remains around the found text in the CV window which could lead people to think it’s ready to perform the replace.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 09:29 PM   #29
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

Why would someone click somewhere else in the UI after a successful find and then attempt a replace? If it's accidental--sure. But...
Old 12-16-2021, 09:36 PM   #30
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
I usualllllly stumble across this when I’m doing multiples of the same replace one-at-a-time to check before making the change. (Replace & Find next) My mouse will move off the button slightly and I end up clicking between the buttons. I’ve done it often enough that I recognize the color change of the highlighted text and know to do another find.

I don’t know if this is the same issue that PapaKilo is seeing…

Last edited by Turtle91; 12-16-2021 at 09:40 PM.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote