Notices

Old 11-08-2018, 08:53 AM   #1
donpopo
Enthusiast
donpopo began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura Touch 2
problem in numbering pages of books

Hello,
for a few days, when I start reading a book on my Kobo, the page numbers do not follow at all, at least, at the beginning of the book.
Ex .: page 3, then 6, 9, 19, 34 and then it starts to calm down and the numbers seem to follow each other correctly. When I choose page by chapter and not by book, it works.

I already reboot my e-reader, used Kobo Touch or Kobo Touch Extended, nothing changes.

However, when I read these ebooks on my ipad, no problem.
Would anyone have a solution to offer me?
Thank you in advance,
Donpopo
donpopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 09:28 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I think we need a lot more info

What model Kobo
What firmware is it running
What format of books (Epub or kepub)
Any patches installed

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2018, 09:53 AM   #3
donpopo
Enthusiast

i have a kobo will have one. I use Caliber software or I have several hundred books in epub format without drm. For 2 months everything worked well with the Kobo Touch caliber plugin and epub books. now i use the kobo touch extended plugin with the kepub format. for a few days, this problem of wrong numbering has appeared. I have this problem with both epub and kepub.
my firmware version is 4.10.11655
I reboote my reader. nothing works.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:06 AM   #4
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
This is a known quirk of sideloading Kepub, which I explained in this thread recently:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=312152

I suspect you do not have this problem with epub books, and would ask that you verify that statement. (Long press on the book cover, select "View Details" from the menu, Press "Details" tab, File Format: will be either "EPUB" or "KOBO EPUB"
rashkae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 10:27 AM   #5
donpopo
Enthusiast

Yes
Actually my ebook are in kobo epub format.
And each epub file has a table of contents built by caliber.
I guess I'll take the kobo touch plugin and the epub format instead of the kepub format
Advert
Old 11-08-2018, 05:56 PM   #6
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by donpopo View Post
Yes
Actually my ebook are in kobo epub format.
And each epub file has a table of contents built by caliber.
The fact that you built a ToC in calibre means that it is a valid ToC in an epub. And will work with an epub. But, the rules for a kepub are different. They require a one-to-one relationship between the ToC and the internal files. If that isn't the case, then some strange things can happen with the page numbering and the in-book stats. You should still be able to read the book, but, the progress indication can be off.
Quote:
I guess I'll take the kobo touch plugin and the epub format instead of the kepub format
That is the simplest thing if you don't want the features that the kepub format have.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote