Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-02-2018, 01:36 AM   #61
slowsmile
Witchman
slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slowsmile ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android S5
Update: The plugin has been changed in v0.1.3.

* Fixed a bug in cover page detection. The plugin now detects the epub cover page by searching for the presence of the guide cover reference in the opf. Thanks to DiapDealer for suggesting this change.
slowsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2019, 09:54 PM   #62
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 7, Sony PRS300, Fire HD8 Tablet
Problem getting KDP Validator in Linux computer

I just got KDP Validator in my Xubuntu computer. (Epubchek and Flight Crew work fine.) Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	KDPVALIDATOR.png
Views:	254
Size:	40.9 KB
ID:	171575   Click image for larger version

Name:	validatorpreferences.png
Views:	250
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	171576  
Gregg Bell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2019, 09:56 PM   #63
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gregg Bell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Does KDP Validator work in Linux?

I was reading Slowsmile's post on it and it said Linux was supported but not tested. Anybody got any experience actually using it in Linux? And using it isn't going to mess up the .epub, is it? Thanks
Old 05-23-2019, 12:26 AM   #64
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
You might need to add tkinter from your repository. Last time I did this on an Ubuntu distributions, I think the command line was something like:

sudo apt-get install python3-tk

Change python3 to python for the python 2 version.

Hopefully, Xubuntu is close enough to Ubuntu for this to work.

After the install, enter either python or python3 in a terminal session. If this works, then enter import tkinter. If that looks happy with no error message, you should be good to go.

Watch the case carefully since there are differences in python 2 and python 3. I seem to remember python 2 used Tkinter while python 3 uses tkinter (at least under Suse Tumbleweed).
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 10:57 AM   #65
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Definitely go with the python3-tk package. Your plugin interpreter for Sigil is set up as python3.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 05-23-2019 at 11:09 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-23-2019, 07:37 PM   #66
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You might need to add tkinter from your repository. Last time I did this on an Ubuntu distributions, I think the command line was something like:

Thanks David. That I get. But I don't know what you mean by the below.
Quote:
Change python3 to python for the python 2 version.
How would I be changing that?

Quote:

After the install, enter either python or python3 in a terminal session. If this works, then enter import tkinter. If that looks happy with no error message, you should be good to go.
This is over my head. Just enter python or python3 in a terminal and hit the Enter key. <--That I get. If no errors, then import tkinter. How am I importing tkinter?
Quote:
Watch the case carefully since there are differences in python 2 and python 3. I seem to remember python 2 used Tkinter while python 3 uses tkinter (at least under Suse Tumbleweed).
I'm sure this would all work if I weren't the one trying to do it. lol Think you could give me step by step instructions for a really slow person (me)?
Old 05-23-2019, 07:39 PM   #67
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Definitely go with the python3-tk package. Your plugin interpreter for Sigil is set up as python3.
Why did I ever get this Linux computer? Hopefully David can give me step by step instructions. Otherwise the KDP Validator works on the Windows computer and I can check the .epub there.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:04 PM   #68
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
Why did I ever get this Linux computer? Hopefully David can give me step by step instructions. Otherwise the KDP Validator works on the Windows computer and I can check the .epub there.
Linux does well on way less hardware that current versions of Windows.
That said, you need to just make best use of the properties of each OS platform.
As a professional, you WANT to have a spare/alternate system handy. Down time is a disaster. For those tasks not easy to accomplish under Linux, Sneakernet to the other OS (assumes you don't have them networked together)
Keeping a handy flash drive that boot Linux (Mint ), has helped me rescue more than 1 Windows gone bad system
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2019, 09:14 PM   #69
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Why did I ever get this Linux computer?
Well if you haven't warmed to it by now ...

Quote:
Hopefully David can give me step by step instructions.
He already did.

Code:
The other advice he gave was in case you needed the python 2 version (which you don't). He just meant the command would be: "sudo apt-get install python-tk" instead.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 05-23-2019 at 09:16 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2019, 12:58 AM   #70
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

And to follow up what DiapDealer said, once you have done the "sudo apt-get install python3-tk", you can enter python3 in the same terminal session. Once Python has been loaded, type "import tkinter" (you'll be in the same terminal session but the prompt changes to >>> when python3 loads) and if no error message, you're good to go.

Code:
linux-6vh3:~ # python3
Python 3.7.2 (default, Dec 30 2018, 16:18:15) [GCC] on linux
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import tkinter
>>> exit()
linux-6vh3:~ #
Sample terminal session above. This is from Suse Tumbleweed running in a virtual machine so your distribution may look slightly different.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:23 PM   #71
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Linux does well on way less hardware that current versions of Windows.
That said, you need to just make best use of the properties of each OS platform.
As a professional, you WANT to have a spare/alternate system handy. Down time is a disaster. For those tasks not easy to accomplish under Linux, Sneakernet to the other OS (assumes you don't have them networked together)
Keeping a handy flash drive that boot Linux (Mint ), has helped me rescue more than 1 Windows gone bad system
Thanks ducks. I went forever without Windows, but now that I have it I really like the flexibility it gives me. Still love Linux's speed and simplicity a lot more than Windows, though. And yeah, like you said, the backup capability is a real plus too.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:38 PM   #72
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
Well if you haven't warmed to it by now ...
I love Linux, Diap. If I had to choose between Linux and Windows and Mac I'd choose Linux in a heartbeat. Linux is still my 99% computer. Windows is a nice luxury.

Quote:
He already did.

Code:
The other advice he gave was in case you needed the python 2 version (which you don't). He just meant the command would be: "sudo apt-get install python-tk" instead.
It worked. Thanks. (It just sounded more complicated than it was.)
Old 05-24-2019, 03:41 PM   #73
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

Quote:
And to follow up what DiapDealer said, once you have done the "sudo apt-get install python3-tk", you can enter python3 in the same terminal session. Once Python has been loaded, type "import tkinter" (you'll be in the same terminal session but the prompt changes to >>> when python3 loads) and if no error message, you're good to go.

Code:
linux-6vh3:~ # python3
Python 3.7.2 (default, Dec 30 2018, 16:18:15) [GCC] on linux
>>> import tkinter
>>> exit()
linux-6vh3:~ #
Sample terminal session above. This is from Suse Tumbleweed running in a virtual machine so your distribution may look slightly different.
Thanks a lot, David. It worked perfectly.

Code:
~/Desktop$ python3
Python 3.6.7 (default, Oct 22 2018, 11:32:17) 
[GCC 8.2.0] on linux
>>> import tkinter
>>> exit()
Old 05-26-2019, 11:27 PM   #74
Gregg Bell
Gregg Bell

New question. I ran the KDP Validator and I understood some of the complaints but not these guys. (screenshots) The .epub in question passed Flightcrew and Epub check. Do I need to worry about/fix these other three things? Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	opf.png
Views:	265
Size:	121.6 KB
ID:	171652   Click image for larger version

Name:	TwoWarnings.png
Views:	252
Size:	28.2 KB
ID:	171653  
Old 05-27-2019, 07:26 PM   #75
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
New question. I ran the KDP Validator and I understood some of the complaints but not these guys. (screenshots) The .epub in question passed Flightcrew and Epub check. Do I need to worry about/fix these other three things? Thanks.

I just checked a couple of azw3s and they had from 2 to 5 items in the guide section. You could try submitting the book to Amazon and see what complaints come back. Or removing the copyright page reference and then submitting.