Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Interead COOL-ER

Notices

Old 12-04-2009, 07:51 PM   #16
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by orwell2k View Post
How is the reading on the Cool-ER? I was under the impression that, when it wasn't crashing or freezing, the ePub and FB2 displaying were quite good in terms of readability and options. Is this correct or a myth?

I find it very readable and the display very good. It has a few options for changes, but once I found a font and size that I liked I haven't changed it.

The crashing issues seem to have been taken care of in the previous firmware update (I have not tried the newest one yet). Currently mine is very stable I have had do a full crash where I had to fully power it off, once in the last few months. I would rate it as fairly stable at this point. I have certainly used much more unstable devices before.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 03:24 PM   #17
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassanik View Post
I find it very readable and the display very good. It has a few options for changes, but once I found a font and size that I liked I haven't changed it.

The crashing issues seem to have been taken care of in the previous firmware update (I have not tried the newest one yet). Currently mine is very stable I have had do a full crash where I had to fully power it off, once in the last few months. I would rate it as fairly stable at this point. I have certainly used much more unstable devices before.

Amy
True!
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 12:56 AM   #18
jackau
Connoisseur
jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.jackau has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Cool-er / Mac Mini / Satio / Notebook
Smile

Quote:

Amy

the lastest firmware seem to be alot faster, i said optimised. recommend to update to for faster performance only, minus: a rtf hang bug and missing resume on ur last page function!!!
It means netronix is actually working on something atleast. So far so good!
I wish they put out option to adjust the grey scale.
Put an option to switch the remember last page option in the menu!

Last edited by jackau; 12-07-2009 at 08:07 AM.
jackau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:19 AM   #19
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
umm

I was thinking that upgrading the firmware on my Cool-er would be good. I like the idea of faster firmware, but I am not happy that I will lose go to the last page I was reading thing when I turn on the Cool-er.

I have had a corrupted file on my Cool-er before and when I turned it on and went to it, and then my Cool-er crashed I did not get stuck in a endless loop. When I rebooted the Cool-er it went right back to library screen and did not default to the last book. So I don't think it was necassary to remove the feature that caused it to default to the last book (if that was the thinking behind the change). I think a good solution would be to make it a setting where you could choose to turn it off or on.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 01:48 AM   #20
codeMonkey
Zealot
codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Cool-ER (running pocketbook firmware), Nokia N800, Nokia N900
Quote:
I was thinking that upgrading the firmware on my Cool-er would be good. I like the idea of faster firmware, but I am not happy that I will lose go to the last page I was reading thing when I turn on the Cool-er.

I have had a corrupted file on my Cool-er before and when I turned it on and went to it, and then my Cool-er crashed I did not get stuck in a endless loop. When I rebooted the Cool-er it went right back to library screen and did not default to the last book. So I don't think it was necassary to remove the feature that caused it to default to the last book (if that was the thinking behind the change). I think a good solution would be to make it a setting where you could choose to turn it off or on.

Amy
Yeah, admittedly I've only had the problem with some unprofessionally made pdfs, and on certain pages in these files when turning on the reader it freezes - but most pages are fine. That said, it is mostly speculation on my part at the moment until I hear back from Interead.
codeMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 02:55 AM   #21
panda53
Connoisseur
panda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura aboutpanda53 has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kobo Touch and shared Kindle
I also find it a wee bit irritating that my cool-er no longer opens to the page I was last reading.

However, I did have a problem with a corrupt document - and the cooler repeatedly crashed and eventually just hung as a result. The cool-er was locked in a loop of startup / then gray lines screen / then back to startup. That was a pdf - I've never had a problem with an epub.

So maybe this is a response to this problem temporarily - and hopefully the feature will be back sometime!

Last edited by panda53; 12-08-2009 at 02:58 AM.
panda53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:03 AM   #22
orwell2k
Addict
orwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheeseorwell2k can extract oil from cheese

Device: PocketBook 360°, BeBook (Hanlin V3), iRex DR1000S, iPad
Quote:

Amy
Does the Cool-ER have a "susped" or "keylock" mode where you don't switch off but just stop the keypresses from having any effect (and maybe blanking the screen)? I really like that feature on the BeBook (Hanlin V3) and now that I'm used to it I find it disappointing more devices don't have it (so, short press on the On/Off locks the V3, long press (~3 sec) switches off and longer press (~10 sec) restarts the device if it crashes/locks up, etc.).
orwell2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 12:13 PM   #23
codeMonkey
Zealot
codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.codeMonkey is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: Cool-ER (running pocketbook firmware), Nokia N800, Nokia N900
Unfortunately not - however the keys on the front of the Cool-ER are very flat and so accidental pressing to change page is fairly minimal.

That's one thing I like about the Sony PRS models, that little toggle-switch at the top that allows you to put it into standby without fully switching it off, for almost instant resurrection when you switch it again.
codeMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote