Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-09-2011, 11:28 AM   #1
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Delete 1 books format of open file gives DB errors ?

Hi All
Ok - 1 book, has epub and mobi file.
During conversions I use Kindle previewer to check quality.
Just spotted that if I forget to close kindle previewer, and in calibre, edit book, choose to delete the mobi file, library is out of sync when you do library consistancy check.
Appears to me that calibre needs to check if the actual file in filesystem is "busy" before we delete any entries in DB.
Sure, I can just try to remember to close all external viewing programs, but
Cheers Per
PS. Hope this makes sense.
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:45 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by pchrist7 View Post
Hi All
Ok - 1 book, has epub and mobi file.
During conversions I use Kindle previewer to check quality.
Just spotted that if I forget to close kindle previewer, and in calibre, edit book, choose to delete the mobi file, library is out of sync when you do library consistancy check.
Appears to me that calibre needs to check if the actual file in filesystem is "busy" before we delete any entries in DB.
Sure, I can just try to remember to close all external viewing programs, but
Cheers Per
PS. Hope this makes sense.
Calibre's viewer does not have this problem

It is not easy to determine the (lock) status of a file on all file systems.
I suspect the 'viewer' requires write mode because of annotations and bookmarking.
At this time: the 'User care' function is all that is available.

At least, no lasting damage was done.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2011, 11:54 AM   #3
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Yeah-but howto rember ?

Just did it again, I think.
Forgot to close K previewer, did a calibre convert from epub, no errors in Calibre, but ...
still not sure what the heck happended. Calibre probably couldn't write new mobi version since the file was already open.
Sigh.
Not my day, not my night.
Lets see to morrow
Old 12-09-2011, 12:03 PM   #4
pchrist7
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Calibre's viewer does not have this problem
Of course it doesn't !
It converts input file to epub, and you can't correlate what you see in calibre viewer with what you see on Kindle XXYYXX etc.
Never mind.
Have a nice weekend,
Need to watch the European Championship in Curling. Danish womens team is up, rolling the stones, screaming harder, harder, harder ..
Ahhhhhh . I MIGHT have misunderstood something.