Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > BBeB/LRF Books

Notices

Old 11-02-2008, 11:37 AM   #1
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Giesy, J.U.: Palos Of The Dog Star Pack. v1. 02 Nov 08

This is the first novel in a Sci-Fi trilogy by J. U. Giesy, featuring Jason Croft.

These are the three volumes:

Volume I: Palos of the Dog Star Pack
Volume II: The Mouthpiece of Zitu
Volume III: Jason, Son of Jason

These novels were first printed in Argosy and later reprinted in Famous Fantastic Mysteries. Each novel later appeared in hardback by Avalon.

All three volumes are now complete and available here on MobileRead.

Like all the books I assemble on MobileRead, this too was assembled to reflect human intervention and artistic judgment.

I hope you enjoy it.

Don
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: lrf Giesy, J.U. - Palos of the Dog Star Pack.lrf (420.0 KB, 497 views)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 01:56 PM   #2
rhadin
Literacy = Understanding
rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rhadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook, Nook Tablet
Don, I appreciate all the work you do in making these books available. I do, however, have one suggestion. In addition to describing the history of the book, it would be helpful if you gave a few lines describing the storyline.
rhadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-02-2008, 02:55 PM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
Don, I appreciate all the work you do in making these books available. I do, however, have one suggestion. In addition to describing the history of the book, it would be helpful if you gave a few lines describing the storyline.
I haven't read this trilogy, and information is very slim on them. I did find this, however:

"John Carter of Barsoom's Greatest Rival! Meet Jason Croft of Palos, world of the star Sirius. In the years following the debut of Edgar Rice Burroughs' John Carter, the same magazine that introduced Carter and Tarzan presented this classic sf novel of romance and adventure. Palos and its two sequels were reader favorites in the magazines - until an abridged 1960s book reprinting destroyed the author's style and the story's logic. Now for the first time ever you can read the unabridged, original text of Palos of the Dog Star Pack. And look for its two sequels."

Now, the above is from Sony's site. But that quote is taken verbatim from another site, so Sony is merely copying the information and not adding anything newsworthy about the trilogy.

I don't know if these are the Avalon editions (I owned these about 35 years ago, but never read them), or if my version (soon to-be-versions) are the original unabridged editions.

Don
Old 11-04-2008, 03:19 AM   #4
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
To bad you "only" supply this in LRF format, I would have loved to read this one
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 08:52 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

Just to let anyone know who may be interested in this book:

I haven't forgotten the other two titles in this trilogy.

They're sitting on my computer right now, just waiting until this weekend when I will complete them.

Don
Advert
Old 04-30-2012, 09:18 AM   #6
Mike Hobart
Enthusiast
Mike Hobart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Hobart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Hobart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Hobart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Hobart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Hobart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Hobart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Hobart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Hobart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Hobart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike Hobart ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Palos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
To bad you "only" supply this in LRF format, I would have loved to read this one
Try here:
http://manybooks.net/authors/giesyj.html
Mike Hobart is offline   Reply With Quote