Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-19-2017, 04:35 PM   #1
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Has disable sleep ~ds search command been removed in latest firmware?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
.. Seems like Amazon disabled the '~ds' feature with their latest forced firmware update on the PPW!
The above was posted in the parent Amazon Kindle forum. It works fine for me on the KOA2 at 5.9.0.6 and the KV at 5.8.11

Can anyone confirm whether or not it is missing from any Kindle device at the most firmware version?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 04:54 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
The above was posted in the parent Amazon Kindle forum. It works fine for me on the KOA2 at 5.9.0.6 and the KV at 5.8.11

Can anyone confirm whether or not it is missing from any Kindle device at the most firmware version?
That is easy to check on for yourself (and us) -
Download the Amazon update image -
Open with KindlTool -
take rootfs.img out the resultant archive -
mount it -
look -
report back.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2017, 06:46 PM   #3
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
That is easy to check on for yourself (and us) -
Download the Amazon update image -
Open with KindlTool -
take rootfs.img out the resultant archive -
mount it -
look -
report back.
OK, I found the git repository for kindletool, and built it.

I downloaded 5.9.2.0.1 for the KOA2 since I might want to install it someday. extracted and mounted the image, and found /usr/bin/ds.sh

I'm very disappointed they actually use the misleading property name preventScreenSaver

I also found /usr/bin/deleteDemoModeFlagFile.sh which sets preventScreenSaver to 0, but one of the other 23 lines keeps that from working as a search string and is way too long to type anyway.

I don't have a PW*, so I'm not going to download any of those images.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 07:28 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.p.s View Post
OK, I found the git repository for kindletool, and built it.

I downloaded 5.9.2.0.1 for the KOA2 since I might want to install it someday. extracted and mounted the image, and found /usr/bin/ds.sh

I'm very disappointed they actually use the misleading property name preventScreenSaver

I also found /usr/bin/deleteDemoModeFlagFile.sh which sets preventScreenSaver to 0, but one of the other 23 lines keeps that from working as a search string and is way too long to type anyway.

I don't have a PW*, so I'm not going to download any of those images.
For our readers:
You can get the latest binaries of KindleTool from NiLuJe's snapshots thread:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=225030
@j.p.s: Sorry, I forgot to mention where to get the binary.

Another thing I forgot to mention was how to find the name of the file.
Search the forum for "Search bar shortcuts" -
There are a number of those posts here and at least some of them give the path and file name.

But thanks a lot for looking up the information.
There are a lot of people who read our postings, people who are not (yet) members ...
So (re-)posting brief instructions on how to learn about the Kindle system was mostly aimed at our non-member audience.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote