Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 07-25-2020, 01:45 PM   #1
SharonG0211
SharonG0211 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, iPad
Big Font Small Font Big Font Small Font

Hi! I am constantly changing the font size in my ebook reader depending on whether or not I'm wearing my glasses. Typically at night, I read without my glasses and so need a bigger font size. Then during the day, I typically am wearing my glasses, so I prefer a smaller font.

I'm currently using MapleRead as my ebook reader.

I was excited when I first saw the custom theme feature, but font size is not one of the options I can save with a theme as far as I can tell.

Is there any way to make switching between sizes easier in MapleRead?

Or is there another ebook reader that makes this process easier?

Many thanks!
Sharon
SharonG0211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 02:20 PM   #2
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by SharonG0211 View Post
Hi! I am constantly changing the font size in my ebook reader depending on whether or not I'm wearing my glasses. Typically at night, I read without my glasses and so need a bigger font size. Then during the day, I typically am wearing my glasses, so I prefer a smaller font.

I'm currently using MapleRead as my ebook reader.

I was excited when I first saw the custom theme feature, but font size is not one of the options I can save with a theme as far as I can tell.

Is there any way to make switching between sizes easier in MapleRead?

Or is there another ebook reader that makes this process easier?

Many thanks!
Sharon
This is probably a stretch, but maybe ask/request in this Kobo thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=329525
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2020, 02:36 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Kindle's have profiles that include the font size. This is not a feature of the Kindle app for iOS but is a feature of an actual Kindle Reader.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 11:02 AM   #4
OtinG
Old Gadget Guy
OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtinG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, iPhone 13 Pro Max, iPad mini 6, iPad Air 2020, Alexa Devices
Changing the font size in the Kindle app in iOS and iPadOS takes only a few seconds. Surely MapleRead has a similar function. This isn't a profile change, just a font size change.
OtinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 12:42 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtinG View Post
Changing the font size in the Kindle app in iOS and iPadOS takes only a few seconds. Surely MapleRead has a similar function. This isn't a profile change, just a font size change.
Thing is, depending on the app, it may not be all that easy to get back to the previous font size.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 12:28 PM   #6
SharonG0211
SharonG0211 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, iPad
Hey! I'm sorry for the delay getting back on this. Given my nearsightedness and although it's easy to change the font size in MapleRead, I have to press the larger and smaller buttons 20 times each to get to the right size. But I can see now (with my glasses on), that I can pinch & spread to change the font size more easily. Now I just need to get rid of the "Change to new font size?" popup.

Many thanks!
SharonG0211 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
apple, font size, mapleread