Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-28-2021, 12:26 PM   #1
geekgeek
geekgeek doesn't littergeekgeek doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3
Issue with some Humble Bundle ebooks

Sometime back I purchased an ebook Humble Bundle, and used Calibre to download metadata and covers, converted them all to AZW3, and transferred them to my Kindle Oasis. I then put them into a collection.

Today, when I connected my Kindle to Calibre, I noticed that 10 of those ebooks were mysteriously transferred out of my collection to my main library, and were also missing covers.

Issues:

1. After connecting to Calibre, the covers show up, but once I eject the device, the covers disappear for those 10 ebooks.

2. I put them back in the collection, but once I eject the device, they're transferred out to the main library again.

Any idea what's the issue behind this?
geekgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 01:01 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/faq...-generic-cover
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 01:04 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Do you have a tag on those: 'news' ?

That tag has an additional use (and setting). It auto removes after a set time period, because it was intended for periodicals that become stale quickly.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 10:30 PM   #4
geekgeek
geekgeek doesn't littergeekgeek doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
This worked, but the minute I turned the Wifi on those 6 specific books went back to having no cover. The strange thing is, other books that I purchased on the same Humble Bundle don't have this issue, just these 6 specific books. The other books retain their covers even when the Wifi is on.

Really puzzled and don't seem to have an answer why these 6 books only
geekgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 06:46 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekgeek View Post
This worked, but the minute I turned the Wifi on those 6 specific books went back to having no cover. The strange thing is, other books that I purchased on the same Humble Bundle don't have this issue, just these 6 specific books. The other books retain their covers even when the Wifi is on.

Really puzzled and don't seem to have an answer why these 6 books only
It's a bug in the Kindle firmware and the solution it to connect your Kindle to your library a second time.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote