Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Viewer

Notices

Old 04-19-2021, 06:01 AM   #1
FSP
FSP began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Page break issue

Hi,

I just updated to Calibre 5.16 64-bits on Windows 10, but the issue started with version 5.15.

When I edit a book adding <p class="pagebreak"></p> in the page layout and .pagebreak {
page-break-after: always;
}
in the stylesheet, the viewer in Calibre 5.16 doesn't add a page break.

If I revert back to Calibre 5.14, the viewer adds a page break, so everything is referenced as it should, I guess.

Then, if I install Calibre 5.16, the viewer shows the page break, but if I open the book with the editor and close the book, the viewer doesn't add the page break anymore.

It's really puzzling. I tried using the new syntax break-after: always; but it's not working.

I've edited several books this way and it worked fine until now. Any idea? Am I doing something wrong?

Best!
FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 07:53 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Update to 5.16.1 and you will need to reload the the books in the viewer (use the reload book button in the viewer controls)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 07:59 AM   #3
FSP
FSP began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Thanks, Kovid. I had not noticed the new update, I will try it now.
FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 10:04 AM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by FSP View Post
Thanks, Kovid. I had not noticed the new update, I will try it now.
the only last point update do not notify. So 16.0 will not notify until 17 (or higher)

Not all last point updates affect all users, so this cuts down on the traffic.
MR or What's New are good places to see if your needs will benefit by installing the latest 'bump'
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 10:13 AM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
How could you not notice the update? I updated to 5.15 and was notified about 5.16 the next day. The notifications for new versions of Calibre are not something you can miss.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 10:32 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
How could you not notice the update? I updated to 5.15 and was notified about 5.16 the next day. The notifications for new versions of Calibre are not something you can miss.
They are talking about 5.16.1, a "point release". Users don't receive notifications of these.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote