Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-12-2010, 11:03 PM   #1
clockworkzombie
Connoisseur
clockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to behold

Device: iPad
BeBook issues.

Hi. When I connect my Bebook it has 512MB internal memory and a 2GB SD card in the slot Calibre gets a list of files on my device. This takes 30 minutes or so. I removed the 2GB card and reading the 512MB portion only takes 5 minutes or so.

Is there a way I can speed up this process? I connected the 2Gb card with a card reader but this did not work.

I am guessing this 30 minute thing is happening because the Bebook is USB 1 not USB 2.

Thanks.
clockworkzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 11:10 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
remove all the pdf files that come with the bebook or disable metadata reading via preferences->plugins->device interface plugins
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-13-2010, 12:30 AM   #3
clockworkzombie
Connoisseur
clockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to beholdclockworkzombie is a marvel to behold

Device: iPad
Thanks for your help and your quick response.

I will disable the preferences, I have removed the books that come with the device unfortunately most of my economics texts are pdf so the problem will remain.

Edit

Done. Access time is now 21 seconds.

Thanks again.

Last edited by clockworkzombie; 03-13-2010 at 12:39 AM.
clockworkzombie is offline   Reply With Quote