Old 10-31-2017, 09:56 AM   #31
naki
naki began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage
New Kindle Oasis 7-inch

Hello,

here is the output for the new Kindle Oasis 7-inch:
Attached Files
File Type: txt Kindle Oasis 7-inch.txt (160.3 KB, 506 views)

Last edited by naki; 10-31-2017 at 09:59 AM.
naki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 10:21 AM   #32
THX1000
THX1000 began at the beginning.

Device: Asus Zenpad
Asus Zenpad 3S 10

I've decided to move my full library to calibre because some friends clued me in to how good it is!! Calibre always identified my old Kobo but I'm now reading on my Asus Zenpad 3S 10 and calibre doesn't recognize the device even though I have the Android plugin installed.

Is this where I request the Asus Zenpad to be added? I'm not very tech literate, but I did follow the instructions on this thread and have the results of the device debug detection attached.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

Thank you so much!
Attached Files
File Type: txt Asus Zenpad 3s 10.txt (3.3 KB, 448 views)
THX1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2018, 10:53 AM   #33
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
According to that debug log you have told calibre in the past to not conenct to that deevice. You can change that by going to Preferences->Ignored devices and removing the device from the list, then restarting calibre
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 10:42 PM   #34
univ3rse
univ3rse began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Hi, just got my Kindle PW4 today, Calibre did not seem to find it. It's on line 9 in the file, 0x1949.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Kindle PW4.txt (179.2 KB, 409 views)
univ3rse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 06:26 AM   #35
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

there's something weird about that kindle, it is not reporting the correct manufacturer name and product name. Anf the product id is one I have never seen for a real kindle. A real kindle looks like:

Code:
['0x1949', '0x4', '0x100', u'Amazon', u'Amazon Kindle', u'<redacted>']

Do yo uhave some custom firmware installed on it?

In any case calibre is not going to detect a Kindle with those USB identifiers as a Kindle. You can use the connect to folder function in calibre instead, as a workaround. Or create a custom device driver (how to do that is in the manual).
Advert
Old 11-02-2018, 06:24 AM   #36
univ3rse

No, brand new out of the box, not sure why I even got it as it is not out for another week. Sent this only a couple hours after I got it
Old 11-02-2018, 06:31 AM   #37
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Lets wait for a few more people witht he devicee to report their ids, it may be that you got one from an early buggy batch
Old 11-07-2018, 06:27 AM   #38
matko
Enthusiast
matko began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4
Hi Kovid,
I just try with my brand new Kindle Paperwhite 2018 (PW4).
Just like univ3rse, the id seen is:
Code:
 ['0x1949', '0x324', '0x401', u'', u'Internal Storage', u'G000PP07838701R3']
The complete debug log in attachement.
Attached Files
File Type: txt kindle-pw4-2018-fr.txt (1.2 KB, 338 views)
matko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 02:48 PM   #39
PepeHH
PepeHH began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 4
Same problem here ,
brand new Paperwhite 4.
Calibre don´t recognize it
PepeHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 03:45 PM   #40
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by PepeHH View Post
Same problem here ,
brand new Paperwhite 4.
Calibre don´t recognize it
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=118560
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 05:33 PM   #41
PepeHH
PepeHH began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Thank you for the Answer but it don´t help me .
I think Amazon changes somethiing on the brand new Kindle Paperwhite and Calibre will not recognize it .

So i hopefully wait for an Update .

thanks all
PepeHH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 04:01 AM   #42
matko
Enthusiast
matko began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle PW4
The new Calibre release 3.34.0 support the PW4.
How fast reactivity ! Thanks Kovid and dev team !
matko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 04:32 AM   #43
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

You're welcome
Old 11-08-2018, 04:28 PM   #44
univ3rse

Awesome, thanks Calibre, reliable as always
Old 12-30-2018, 02:45 PM   #45
kegegk
kegegk began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505 ; Kindle Oasis 7"
Kindle Oasis 7"

Have a nice day with the upcoming NY!

I had a Christmas gift done--Kindle Oasis 7"(It's the same Oasis 9th Generation).

It seems to be a good reader, but it became a pity-my favorite Calibre does not see her. I'm already accustomed to my SONY-505 from there books pour (and clean), and then it is a failure. Even uploaded the latest release of Calibre-3.36 [21 Dec, 2018], but he does not see.
So I had to like the USB drive Oasis to feed..

I searched, searched, and found here such message:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naki View Post
.. Here is the output for the new Kindle Oasis 7-inch:
But for a long time I have not climbed in the settings Calibre, and it is not easy in them all.

Tell me please what and where to configure to Calibre "See" my Kindle Oasis 7 "(well quite for dumb), and where "Kindle Oasis 7-inch.txt" Insert.
========

A complete victory has been achieved!
It turned out that the "fault" was a USB port.
For some strange reason it worked normally as a USB drive, but did not give Calibre to find out the device.

-----
Thank PeterT for the help.

Last edited by kegegk; 01-01-2019 at 02:08 PM. Reason: victory
kegegk is offline   Reply With Quote