Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-23-2018, 09:44 PM   #1
Steev
Steev is a splendid one to beholdSteev is a splendid one to beholdSteev is a splendid one to beholdSteev is a splendid one to beholdSteev is a splendid one to beholdSteev is a splendid one to beholdSteev is a splendid one to beholdSteev is a splendid one to beholdSteev is a splendid one to beholdSteev is a splendid one to beholdSteev is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (10th generation)
New guy from Ohio

Hi, I'm Steve from northern Ohio. I joined today after finding you in a link over on the Kindle forum on Amazon. What a wealth of information here!

I'm on my third Kindle; the new 10th generation Kindle Paperwhite. Prior to that I had the first Paperwhite model, and earlier a Kindle Touch. Before the Kindle, I was reading on an iPad using the Kindle app. But the backlit screen in a darkened room bothered my eyes. And when I fell asleep, the iPad was heavier as it bashed into my nose when it fell...

I've been an avid reader since I was a kid. I read everything! Cereal boxes, packaging while sitting on the can, road signs, etc. I remember, and still have, my first non-picture book. Mom had an old box of her Nancy Drew Mysteries under the basement stairs. There I found "The Mystery at the Moss Covered Mansion" (1941), and was hooked. I still recognize that musty smell of the book, which was the perfect pairing for the content. I still buy old books at garage sales and library sales.

After devouring Mom's Nancy Drew and Bobbsy Twins books, I got all of the Hardy Boys books ($ 0.25 each with your weekly groceries) and the WW II books through the school book fair. Then got my library card for our local public library; one of the first things I still do when I move to a new community.

Since getting a Kindle, I'm rediscovering old classics I read as a kid, as well a those I never got around to reading. There's such a treasure trove of public domain books, I'll rarely buy a new ebook. I like the challenge of reading a book written in the English of 2-300 years ago, and am occasionally surprised how some stand the test of time and are as relevant today as when first published. Jerome K Jerome's "Three Men and a Boat" comes to mind. I still haven't tackled James Fenimore Cooper's five part Leatherstocking Tales yet, though.

Aside from reading, we are retired, and I enjoy photography, gardening, travel, kayaking, camping, and generally being outdoors. Deb and I bought a teardrop trailer last year, and are having a blast traveling in little more than a hard-sided tent.

I look forward to further exploring the site, and appreciate all that the community has to offer. Hopefully I have a bit to contribute, too.

Steve
Steev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 01:08 AM   #2
Pizza_Cant_Read
Sentient Sauce
Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pizza_Cant_Read ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 9th Gen Oasis
What a well written introduction! Welcome to MobileRead
Pizza_Cant_Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2018, 04:29 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Steve and welcome to MobileRead. Nice intro
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 09:13 AM   #4
Steev
Steev is a splendid one to beholdSteev is a splendid one to beholdSteev is a splendid one to beholdSteev is a splendid one to beholdSteev is a splendid one to beholdSteev is a splendid one to beholdSteev is a splendid one to beholdSteev is a splendid one to beholdSteev is a splendid one to beholdSteev is a splendid one to beholdSteev is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (10th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza_Cant_Read View Post
What a well written introduction! Welcome to MobileRead
Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyC View Post
Hi Steve and welcome to MobileRead. Nice intro
Thank you both for the welcome!
Steve
Steev is offline   Reply With Quote