Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-27-2018, 01:20 AM   #421
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Make sure the install process of the Coplate build was successful, and restart your device.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 09:21 AM   #422
Rickkins
Groupie
Rickkins began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite G000PP(5.10.0.2)
Thanks mate. Gonna start over this morning, while my brain is still fresh...
Rickkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-27-2018, 10:07 AM   #423
Rickkins
Groupie

I seem to have got it...!! Thanks for the help.

One last question, if I may: I would like to transfer my books from my pw1 to my new device. Is there a proper procedure...??

Or can I essentially just copy from one to the other..??

Thanks.
Old 12-27-2018, 10:22 AM   #424
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickkins View Post
I seem to have got it...!! Thanks for the help.

One last question, if I may: I would like to transfer my books from my pw1 to my new device. Is there a proper procedure...??

Or can I essentially just copy from one to the other..??

Thanks.
DRM-free (e.g. downloaded from Project Gutenberg, etc), just copy/paste.

With DRM purchased from Amazon, just download directly from Amazon on the PW4.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 10:29 AM   #425
Rickkins
Groupie

Thanks mate.
Advert
Old 01-03-2019, 12:51 PM   #426
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Updated the snapshot, with a couple of noteworthy changes:

* MRPI should now be a fair bit faster, as the staging directory was moved to the RAM, instead of the crappy FAT32 userstore.
I tried to implement this in the safest way possible to avoid doing stupid things that could make the device go OOM, even on low RAM devices (like the DX).
Which means if you have a ton of custom crap running in the background, MRPI might tell you to take a walk .
But for 99.9999% of the population, things should Just Work(TM). .

* On FW 4.x & 5.x, updated to OpenSSL 1.1.0

* ImageMagick is now linked dynamically, which means we now get the identify & mogrify wrappers for free.

* Building on that change, Python now bundles Pillow & wand, which should help playing with images & drawing, and possibly interacting with FBInk.

* LibrarianSync should work properly again (the bad urllib3/requests interaction was fixed upstream ).

Last edited by NiLuJe; 01-03-2019 at 12:56 PM.
Old 01-04-2019, 05:13 PM   #427
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kindle PW4, Kindle 4 NT
I read the post about koreader being discontinued here, but I don't get where we shall find it now.

EDIT: Never mind. Google found it for me.

Last edited by Ruskie_it; 01-04-2019 at 05:16 PM.
Ruskie_it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 05:33 PM   #428
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruskie_it View Post
I read the post about koreader being discontinued here, but I don't get where we shall find it now.

EDIT: Never mind. Google found it for me.
If you read it on the Internet, it must be true.

KOReader has it own forum on this site:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=276
And it still has its original thread on this forum, although it has fallen off of the first (of hundreds of) index page(s).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 05:38 PM   #429
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
It was @NiLuJe himself who said he was discontinuing the KOReader builds in this snapshot thread because KOReader nightlies are already up to date.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 05:41 PM   #430
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yeah, my *own* custom builds were discontinued, because the official buildbot now does roughly the same job, so, everybody wins .
Old 01-04-2019, 06:00 PM   #431
Ruskie_it
Fanatic
Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ruskie_it ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
No, I meant I found Niluje's tool chain with Google.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:40 PM   #432
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
No, I meant I found Niluje's tool chain with Google.
Ah, so.

OR
Set the prefix filter to "Tools" then click the show threads button.
His snapshot post is active enough to always land on the first index page.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 07:50 PM   #433
Ruskie_it
Fanatic

Quote:
Ah, so.

OR
Set the prefix filter to "Tools" then click the show threads button.
His snapshot post is active enough to always land on the first index page.
I have it on preferred. Actually, isn't it THIS very thread??
But here, there are no more links to the koreader binaries, afaik. They are outside MR, and I found the address of such site by googling.
Old 01-05-2019, 11:01 AM   #434
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
I have it on preferred. Actually, isn't it THIS very thread??
But here, there are no more links to the koreader binaries, afaik. They are outside MR, and I found the address of such site by googling.
But koreader has its own active forum inside MR

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=276

koreader was born in this forum, but grew up enough to have its own.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 10:39 AM   #435
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Small update, mainly with a KUAL update so that the Booklet version properly updates its atime on exit (meaning it behaves like the old Kindlet variant, getting properly sorted by "Recent" depending on when you last launched it).

(Sorry @j.p.s ).

Tags
hacks, kindle, niluje