Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-30-2018, 05:45 PM   #1
Crusher
Crusher began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
How to create a custom column to enter URLs ?

Hello,

Is there a guide that I could use to create a custom column in which I can enter URLs? (goodreads link for example)

Thank you in advance.
Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 06:19 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
You do realize that if you have a Goodreads Identifier showing in the details, all you need to do is double click it
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 06:55 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
↑ ↑ ↑ ✔️

You can add custom Identifiers in Preferences->Look and Feel->Book Details->Create rules to convert identifiers into links. Custom identifiers can be edited via the Edit Identifiers popup in Medadata edit (right click in the identifiers text box)

Or you could create a Long Text custom column that is 'interpreted' as HTML and paste the URLs in there. There's a Link tool in the Long Text editor to make that easier

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 11-30-2018 at 07:04 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 09:36 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
You do realize that if you have a Goodreads Identifier showing in the details, all you need to do is double click it
But, you do need to install the Goodreads Metadata Source plugin. Or do what BR suggested. Which I do for sites that a metadata source plugin doesn't exist, and I've resisted the temptation to write one.

And as of the last version or two, if the clipboard has a URL that matches an identifier, clicking the paste button next to the Ids field in the metadata editor will create the identifier.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 03:44 PM   #5
Crusher
Crusher began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab
What I want to do is to have a column in which I can add the next book following a series - for ongoing series.

Or if you have a better suggestion how I can do this please let me know.

How do you guys do it?
Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 04:15 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher View Post
What I want to do is to have a column in which I can add the next book following a series - for ongoing series.

Or if you have a better suggestion how I can do this please let me know.

How do you guys do it?
Assuming I know the book title, I use the Add Books->Add empty book feature to add missing or upcoming books I want to get when they're eventually published.

I have a VL for formats:false

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote