Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-17-2016, 09:20 AM   #1
God Ginrai
God Ginrai has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.God Ginrai has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.God Ginrai has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.God Ginrai has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Onyx T68
Looking for a replacement for my T68? Suggestions wanted.

Hey guys,

I recently had my T68 stolen, so I'm looking for a replacement ereader for it and was hoping you guys could give me some direction.

The ones that I was considering were the Onyx T76 and C67ML Carta 2, however, if you can convince me on a different one, I am open to suggestions.

Here are the things that are important to me:
  • Less Common fullscreen refresh (I hate the fullscreen refresh, and I would like to see it as little as possible. And if it does happen, I'd like it to be fast)
  • MicroSD storage
  • High Resolution
  • Stable
  • Solid Construction
  • Frontlight
  • Good Battery Life
  • Easy to set up and use
  • Screen size at least the size of the T68's or greater (I realize the C67ML's size is smaller, but that's probably the smallest size I would consider.)
  • Android w/ Play Store (There are some apps that I want from Android that I just couldn't get on a non-android device)
  • WiFi

Here are the nice-to-haves:
  • Good positions and feel for buttons
  • Ability to change the standby and off images
  • Extra buttons for custom functions
  • Black device
  • Bluetooth connectivity
  • A stylus for additional input (I still want to be able to control it with fingers)
  • Removable battery (no idea if any ereaders actually have this)
  • Audio (I'd probably never use this for audio books, but being able to listen to music while reading is appealing)

And here are the things that bothered me with my T68:
  • Unstable (It would reboot whenever it was ~20% battery, and would also reboot sometimes when getting to a page with an image in one of my ebooks. This also tended to be when my battery was lower. Additionally, apps would hang a lot more often by the time it was stolen)
  • No way to control apps that used the volume rocker for paging (the page buttons were page up and page down, and I could find no way to toggle that)
  • The UI was ok, but it wasn't an amazing interface for organizing and searching through my ebooks.

I would appreciate any suggestions you could give me. Also, comparing or contrasting suggested ereaders with the ones I am looking at or with the T68 would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the help in advance!

-God Ginrai

Last edited by God Ginrai; 10-31-2016 at 11:41 PM.
God Ginrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2016, 01:24 PM   #2
God Ginrai
God Ginrai has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.God Ginrai has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.God Ginrai has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.God Ginrai has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Onyx T68
I realize that there might not be an ereader that embodies everything I want, which is why I am asking here, to find out from you guys which ereader would make the best fit.

I hope that some of you could help me soon, as I am getting anxious after so long without an ereader.

-God Ginrai
God Ginrai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert