Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-07-2007, 04:21 PM   #61
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
hmm i'm stumped. the version of pyqt being used in libprs500 is obviously linked to a pre 4.3.0 qt. I don't see how though. try checking out libprs500 svn https://libprs500.kovidgoyal.net/wiki/Development
(delete the libprs500 .egg file from /usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages first)
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:32 PM   #62
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

i just tested it on a kubuntu box and i had to compile and install pyqt 4.3 manually to get rid the the qregistermetatype messages. BUt after that it works fine.
Advert
Old 08-07-2007, 04:40 PM   #63
AndyQ
Enthusiast
AndyQ began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Thats what I did. Where di dyou get your PyQt 4.3 from? I got mine from the riverbank computing site :- PyQt-x11-gpl-4.3.tar.gz
AndyQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 04:53 PM   #64
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

yeah me too.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:50 PM   #65
beartard
Minister of Linux
beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: nook, T-Mobile MyTouch 3G Slide
Kovid, where is the Linux libprs500 database kept? I'm running into a problem where libprs500 tells me a book is on my reader already when it's, in fact, not there.
beartard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2007, 04:53 PM   #66
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

~/library1.db

Must be a corrupted book on the reader. the next release should fix that issue.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:19 PM   #67
beartard
Minister of Linux
beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40beartard is slicker than a case of WD-40

thanks, man.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:36 AM   #68
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

v0.3.93 is on its way to the servers with support for creating collections on the device. The interface is considerably more powerful than in the connect software. It's based on the concept of tags. Whenever you upload a book to the reader with tags, collections corresponding to each tag are automatically created. You can edit the collections in the reader view by editing the tags.

The code for this is completely new and has received only the most rudimentary testing, so it's likely crawling with bugs.

There have been a number of other bug fixes and code optimizations.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:26 AM   #69
oddtom
oddtom began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS500
Startup Crash

Kovid,

I installed 0.3.94 today on an Ubuntu 7.04 system and tried to run libprs500-beta with the following error upon startup:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/libprs500-beta", line 8, in <module>
    load_entry_point('libprs500==0.3.94', 'console_scripts', 'libprs500-beta')()
  File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/libprs500/gui2/main.py", line 555, in main
  File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/libprs500/gui2/main.py", line 53, in __init__
  File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/libprs500/gui2/main_ui.py", line 104, in setupUi
  File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/libprs500/gui2/library.py", line 360, in __init__
  File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/libprs500/gui2/library.py", line 360, in <genexpr>
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
Any ideas? The regular libprs500 program runs without any errors. I'd really like to be able to use the beta gui to bypass the file limit on the root directory of SD cards that I've been having.

Thanks again for a great suite!

--Tom
oddtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:23 AM   #70
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Released v0.3.95 with the ability to download news feeds with a single click. Currently supports The BBC, The New York Times and Newsweek.

@oddtom: That bug should be fixed in 0.3.95.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:14 AM   #71
oddtom

Man, I feel bad responding about these bugs on Ubuntu. I hope you don't mind. The stable gui and CLI tools work great, which I'm happy about since I don't have to run Windows.

Here's the deal: The new version fixed the startup bug. It imports the ~/library.db into ~/library1.db just fine. However, libprs500-beta locks up when the Reader is plugged in and produces this error on the console:

Code:
QObject::connect: Cannot queue arguments of type 'PyQt_PyObject'
(Make sure 'PyQt_PyObject' is registed using qRegisterMetaType().)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "build/bdist.linux-i686/egg/libprs500/gui2/device.py", line 52, in run
TypeError: argument 0 of signal QThread.connected(PyQt_PyObject,PyQt_PyObject) has an invalid type

QObject::setParent: New parent must be in the same thread as the previous parent
QFont: It is not safe to use text and fonts outside the GUI thread
Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0xf2ee)!
I'm going to start reading up on Python and see if I can help with debugging on Ubuntu. Incidentally, what platform are you developing the code on?

Regards,
--Tom
Old 08-14-2007, 11:21 AM   #72
sammykrupa
Reader of the Reader
sammykrupa doesn't littersammykrupa doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Love the automatic downloading of newsfeeds, simply brilliant.

A great companion option in the GUI would be the ability to paste in a website URL and have it put that website directly on the reader.
sammykrupa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:44 AM   #73
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@oddtom:
Have you installed pyqt 4.3 and qt 4.3 on ubuntu? I develop on gentoo. This line
Code:
Make sure 'PyQt_PyObject' is registed using qRegisterMetaType()
typically indicates a messed up PyQt installation.

@sammykrupa:
Yeah the reason I haven't done it is that most websites aren't suitable for automatic conversion into LRF, so I don't want to give users the impression that they can enter a URL and have it just work.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 08-14-2007 at 01:05 PM.
Old 08-14-2007, 03:41 PM   #74
oddtom

Sorry Kovid. I thought I had the right versions of python-qt and iibqt installed, but I should have paid closer attention to the package information. Currently, though, libqt-4.3 conflicts with 4.2 in aptitude and there are a number of programs I depend upon for the latter, so I guess I'm going to have to just wait for the next update to Ubuntu until I can try out the beta gui.

Ah, well. Thanks for the help and patience.

--Tom
Old 08-14-2007, 04:20 PM   #75
beartard
Minister of Linux

I think most of the bugs are negligible in Kubuntu Gutsy. I can't get an rss feed that doesn't cause my reader to crash while formatting, however.