Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-16-2018, 10:34 PM   #1
Buttons
Buttons began at the beginning.

Device: High Sierra 10.13.6
Unhappy [MacOS High Sierra] Can't open calibre - "damaged"

Hi
I just had my Mac repaired at Apple. I have High Sierra 10.13.6 and I can not download Calibre. It says it is corrupt and to put in trash. I have tried all the ones listed. Can you help me.
Thank you
Buttons
Buttons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 01:31 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
@Buttons: try this ==>> https://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/4540...-error-solved/

Otherwise use your web search tool to look for something like Application is damaged and can't be opened in macOS Sierra

Added: I'd say your repairer added a brick to Apple's walled garden - why would they do that I wonder?

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 09-17-2018 at 01:34 AM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 10:33 PM   #3
Buttons

corrupt file

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@Buttons: try this ==>> https://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/4540...-error-solved/

Otherwise use your web search tool to look for something like Application is damaged and can't be opened in macOS Sierra

Added: I'd say your repairer added a brick to Apple's walled garden - why would they do that I wonder?

BR
Hi
It didn't work as I don't have those options.
Allow apps downloaded from:
App Store
App Store and identified developers, this one has a "blue dot" beside it.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:34 PM   #4
Buttons

Hi
It didn't work as I don't have those options, it says this:
Allow apps downloaded from:
App Store
App Store and identified developers, this one has a "blue dot" beside it.
Old 09-18-2018, 10:46 PM   #5
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Moderator Notice
@Buttons - I've put your posts into a separate thread - hopefully some MacOS gurus will see it.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 10:51 PM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Where are you downloading calibre from?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote