Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 03-06-2024, 05:59 PM   #1
Pocok
Pocok began at the beginning.

Device: none
Old switch views buttons with newer versions?

Hey there,

I remember seeing these two buttons at the top part of the toolbar in older releases (0.9 and so forth):

https://i.imgur.com/tTHYo9I.png

that allowed instantaneous switch between the code editing and the preview windows.

I know nowadays both of them are separately available, but I liked that aspect when you typed some text into the preview window part, the program automatically convert it into proper html code with <p>, <i> and whatnot included.

Can this functionality be brought back or it was never gone and I'm just blind and can't find it personally?

Thank you!

Last edited by Pocok; 03-06-2024 at 06:16 PM.
Pocok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 06:55 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
What I think you are looking for is PageEdit which I launch from the external Xhtml editor button. The old BookView had the nasty habit of generating garbage code and I gave up on using it for that reason. For the most part, I have the Preview pane open on one monitor and Sigil on the other so I can see any changes I made in the code reflected immediately in the preview pane.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-06-2024, 07:52 PM   #3
Pocok

Most likely yes, that would be the PageEdit button. Let me download/set it up and I'll signal back how it went!
Old 03-07-2024, 03:08 PM   #4
Pocok

Yes, it was the PageEditor external xhtml program, thank you!