Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-06-2011, 06:50 AM   #1
kurokaze
kurokaze began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone/Stanza
Strip specific styles from EPUB conversion?

I greatly prefer to read using light text on a black background (when using an LCD). However, I'm continually finding that converted books will just show up blank when I do this, because they have a defined text color (black) but no defined background color. It's not a great hardship to use a white background for one book, or go into Sigil and remove 'color:#000' from a few styles, but I'm getting increasingly frustrated with the need to check and fix each individual book after conversion. Is there some way to remove or override (with nothing, not with another specific color) all instances of the color: and font-color: styles during a conversion? The stylesheet doesn't seem to be available for search&replace.
kurokaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 07:04 AM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Search and replace of css isn't possible as you noted. However in practice most books I've seen don't explicitly set font colors. For these cases you can use extra css and set font-color and background color on the body or page element. This will take care of most books during conversion.

It's just books that do have specific colors set that would still be a problem - the extra css feature can potentially override these too, but you need to know which selector to apply the setting too. @body or @page is probably too broad, so you'd need to go to p or whatever.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert