Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-06-2008, 06:44 PM   #1
ChrisI
Connoisseur
ChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo H2O, Libre 2
Reporting Errors to Sony Connect

I was wishing there was a way to report errors to Sony, and get an update if/when the publisher fixes the error. It turns out there is a way, but it is not obvious.

1. From the Connect home, select Help.
2. On the right hand side, select the highlighted text "Let us know".
3. Item 7 of the survey is to report typos.

They even say if you give them an e-mail address, they will notify you when you will be able to download the corrected version.
ChrisI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 08:01 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
BUMP!
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:38 AM   #3
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Is this sticky still valid?
Was Sony's Reader Store once called Sony Connect?

If I access "Help" in Reader Store I only find this:
Quote:
Tell us which eBooks you want added to the store and give us your feedback on other changes and additions you'd like to see.
I used the Tell us link to report a typo in the title of a newly released eBook. Is there a better way to do this or should it be done through Sony eSupport?
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 09:19 PM   #4
readerlover
Connoisseur
readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.readerlover ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300
I emailed them and they emailed me back and gave me 2 suggestions which I do every time I put a book onto my PRS-505 and I called them @ (877) 263-2863 and they said that they would contact the publisher and tell them of the errors and said that they would contact me when they get the fixed version out. Hope this helps.
readerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:40 AM   #5
HazeyJane
HazeyJane began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 600
Is the store only available in the US? If I click on shop in my reader library I just get links to Waterstones and WH Smith. : (
HazeyJane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 05:58 PM   #6
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Yep, only U.S. and Canada.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 04:41 PM   #7
raac
Zealot
raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950
I did this for a seriously broken book about a year ago and have never heard back from them. Has anyone else heard back?
raac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 09:22 AM   #8
ChrisI
Connoisseur
ChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-booksChrisI has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo H2O, Libre 2
I have never heard back. Not for a single one.

I gave up on this a long time ago. I now resort to stripping the DRM, and fixing the errors myself.
ChrisI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2011, 03:42 PM   #9
raac
Zealot
raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.raac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Me too. Plus, I contact the publishers instead of Sony.
Old 12-21-2011, 01:10 PM   #10
raac
Zealot

To follow up: Sony don't care. I've reported a book to them that was massively broken: All the illustrations were missing, as was the second half of the book. The content was there, it's just that the links were broken and nobody checked it. Sony said they'd get back to me when it was fixed. They never did so. With a different book I've tried getting in touch with the publishers directly: same outcome. This keeps happening and so from now on I will be asking stores for a refund on badly produced books. This is the only language these people understand: read it, make a note of the errors, and return it. This is neither illegal or immoral: we shouldn't be paying as much or more for e-books that have had no effort put into their creation.